[comp.sys.amiga.games] Who's behind the door?

bard@jessica.stanford.edu (David Hopper) (12/07/90)

Maybe this was obvious to most of the DM'ers out there, but I finally figured
out who is behind (or rather in front of) the door to the dungeon (you can see
him with OH EW RA).

^L

That's you, isn't it?  Theron.  The premise of the game is that you are outside
the dungeon, controlling four champions within.  I haven't won this yet (I'm
pretty close), so I don't know if this is revealed at the end.  It becomes
clear if you read the story in the manual.

Just happy 'bout clearing that up,
Dave Hopper      |      ///  Yesterday, CS.           | Academic Info Resources
                 | __  ///    Today, Anthropology.    | Mac & UNIX Sys-Support
bard@jessica.    | \\\///                             | "Somebody get me a job
   Stanford.EDU  |  \XX/ Tomorrow: napping in gutters.| with a computer I LIKE"

mndaily@ux.acs.umn.edu (Linda Seebach) (12/09/90)

In article <1990Dec7.050614.26156@portia.Stanford.EDU> bard@jessica.stanford.edu (David Hopper) writes:
>Maybe this was obvious to most of the DM'ers out there, but I finally figured
>the dungeon, controlling four champions within.  I haven't won this yet (I'm
>pretty close), so I don't know if this is revealed at the end.  It becomes
>clear if you read the story in the manual.

Bzzt! You don't even get a copy of the home game.
Get the firestaff (with or without power gem) and go back there. Then tell
me, with a straight face, that that's you. You are "in" the dungeon - just
not physically. And, in the end, you do get more proof of who he is - as if
the stated name isn't enough.

Ps: Trivia question. How do you get the firestaff *with* the power gem out
without sealing the lower levels? (Hint: Yes, it can be done. *grin*)
>Just happy 'bout clearing that up,
>Dave Hopper      |      ///  Yesterday, CS.           | Academic Info Resources
>                 | __  ///    Today, Anthropology.    | Mac & UNIX Sys-Support
>bard@jessica.    | \\\///                             | "Somebody get me a job
>   Stanford.EDU  |  \XX/ Tomorrow: napping in gutters.| with a computer I LIKE"

--SeebS--

2flntopaz@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (12/11/90)

> Ps: Trivia question. How do you get the firestaff *with* the power gem out
> without sealing the lower levels? (Hint: Yes, it can be done. *grin*)

> --SeebS--

From what I remember, you grab the gem and affix it to the firestaff, then
throw it over the pressure plate that seals off the upper levels.
Then walk over the plate and pick it up on the other side.

David Poland
2flntopaz@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu