[comp.sys.amiga.games] Immortal level 2

gt4662b@prism.gatech.EDU (BRANHAM,JOSEPH FRANKLIN) (11/04/90)

Will Harvey is a cruel, heartless person. I'd like to join the lost people
who can't figure out what left, right center of the......AARRRRRggghh.

What does this mean in relation to the three pentacles? We've trd~r
every possible combination of (right left center) (except the right one :)

--
<------------------------------------------------------------------------------>
<  FRANK BRANHAM                      | "I exist; therefore I am."             >

spenser@sugar.hackercorp.com (Spenser Aden) (11/04/90)

In article <16345@hydra.gatech.EDU> gt4662b@prism.gatech.EDU (BRANHAM,JOSEPH FRANKLIN) writes:
>Will Harvey is a cruel, heartless person. I'd like to join the lost people
>who can't figure out what left, right center of the......AARRRRRggghh.

Ok, enough of these have surfaced that I guess it warrants posting.

This is one of the best "thinking" puzzles in the game.  In all farness,
I must admit that I had to run systematically through every combination of the
pentacle holes before finding the "answer" ....

Apply whatever the King said to the pentacles as if you were reading the
pentacles, i.e. from left to right.  So, if as you say (because I can't
remember) he said left, right, center, then place one gem in the upper
left hole of the left pentacle, a gem in the upper right hole of the
center pentacle, and a gem in the center hole of the right pentacle.

A stairwell will then open out of the floor.  TA DA!

(Check out your order ... I remembered it right, left, and center ...)

-Spenser, now stuck on level 7 ....

jcfst@unix.cis.pitt.edu (John C. Fossum) (11/06/90)

In article <6982@sugar.hackercorp.com>, spenser@sugar.hackercorp.com (Spenser Aden) writes:
> In article <16345@hydra.gatech.EDU> gt4662b@prism.gatech.EDU (BRANHAM,JOSEPH FRANKLIN) writes:
> Apply whatever the King said to the pentacles as if you were reading the
> pentacles, i.e. from left to right.  So, if as you say (because I can't
> remember) he said left, right, center, then place one gem in the upper
> left hole of the left pentacle, a gem in the upper right hole of the
> center pentacle, and a gem in the center hole of the right pentacle.
>
> A stairwell will then open out of the floor.  TA DA!

     But you are leaving out the important part of how to get the third
gem. SPOILER>>> Rocks can be broken down by slime....revealing interesting
surprises!

-Steve M. Suhy-

hyy94@campus.swarthmore.edu (12/13/90)

Ack!   I've only had The Immortal for two days and I'm already stuck!  On
level 2, there are three rings with inscribed triangles.  Inside the
outlined spaces are holes where jewels must be placed.  There are three
jewels and they must be placed in the right order and right places.  I have
tried nearly every logical permutation but can't seem to get any doors or
ladders to appear.  Here is the config...

      o/o \oo/o \oo/o \o
        o     o     o

The o's are the holes for the jewels.  The only clue I have is this
fragment: "...right, left, center of the...".

Does anybody know the correct order and placement?
Please help me!!!!!!!!!

Leave a posting or e-mail.

Thanks!!!