[comp.sys.amiga.games] Beach Volleyball

dave@ridley.coyote.trw.com (Dave Agabra) (12/12/90)

    Anyone out there know of any beach volleyball games for the amiga like
the one for Nintendo?  I saw a cheat for a beach volleyball game in the
latest cheat mode list that came across the net, but no stores out here
have heard of the game.

					---- Dave

  A person should always believe in something.    dave@elwood.coyote.trw.com
  I believe I'll have another beer.               {cit-vax | trwrb}!wiley!dave

dvljhg@cs.umu.se (J|rgen Holmberg) (12/12/90)

In article <27657566.4CE0@wilbur.coyote.trw.com> dave@ridley.coyote.trw.com (Dave Agabra) writes:

>    Anyone out there know of any beach volleyball games for the amiga like
>the one for Nintendo?  I saw a cheat for a beach volleyball game in the
>latest cheat mode list that came across the net, but no stores out here
>have heard of the game.

Beach Volley was published by Ocean sometime '89 and is quite good. I don't
know who markets US GOLD software in the states but maybe someone on the net
can tell you.

/Jorgen
email dvljhg@cs.umu.se - other ways to communicate are a waste of time.
Everything I say is always true, just apply it to the right reality.
"Credo, quia absurdum est."

gmm34343@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Geoffrey M. Miller) (12/12/90)

Why bother with Beach Volley when the clearly superior Over the Net is
available?  It was made by Genias, the same people who created the awesome
Kick Off 2 soccer game.  I got the game from an mail order dealer who
specializes inn overseas releases.  It boots in PAL, so you'll need the
fat agnus, but the gameplay is not hindered and it is quit fun.

dreamer@diku.dk (Thomas Magle Brodersen) (12/12/90)

dvljhg@cs.umu.se (J|rgen Holmberg) writes:

>In article <27657566.4CE0@wilbur.coyote.trw.com> dave@ridley.coyote.trw.com (Dave Agabra) writes:
>>
>>    Anyone out there know of any beach volleyball games for the amiga like
>>the one for Nintendo?  I saw a cheat for a beach volleyball game in the
>>latest cheat mode list that came across the net, but no stores out here
>>have heard of the game.
>>

>Beach Volley was published by Ocean sometime '89 and is quite good. I don't
>know who markets US GOLD software in the states but maybe someone on the net
>can tell you.

Also, there exists a game called Over the Net, but I can't remember the
publishers.
! For the memories of a lifetime:               : Thomas Magle Brodersen      !
! Rekall! Rekall! Rekall!                       : alias dreamer@diku.dk       !

ovb10@cs.kun.nl (Patrick Atoon) (12/12/90)

dave@ridley.coyote.trw.com (Dave Agabra) writes:

>    Anyone out there know of any beach volleyball games for the amiga like
>the one for Nintendo?  I saw a cheat for a beach volleyball game in the
>latest cheat mode list that came across the net, but no stores out here
>have heard of the game.

What about "Beach Volley" from Ocean?

>					---- Dave

Patrick

| Patrick Atoon           |  "READY.                  |
| University of Nijmegen  |   ?OUT OF DATA  ERROR."   |
| E-mail: ovb10@cs.kun.nl |                      C=64 |
+-------------------------+---------------------------+

watters@boa.cis.ohio-state.edu (david r watters) (12/13/90)

In article <1990Dec12.114750.25393@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> gmm34343@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Geoffrey M. Miller) writes:
>Why bother with Beach Volley when the clearly superior Over the Net is
>available?  It was made by Genias, the same people who created the awesome
>Kick Off 2 soccer game.  I got the game from an mail order dealer who
>specializes inn overseas releases.  It boots in PAL, so you'll need the
>fat agnus, but the gameplay is not hindered and it is quit fun.

You have got to be kidding!

Not only do the players jump 5 times their own height, but the animation and
gameplay is horrible!

--
Due to the shape of the North American Elk's esophagus, even if it could speak,
it could not pronounce the word "lasagna!" - Cliff Clavin, `Cheers'