[comp.sys.amiga.games] MSH crashing the system - corrupt buffers?

pochron@cat52.cs.wisc.edu (David Pochron) (12/14/90)

In article <49653@cornell.UUCP> johnhlee@cs.cornell.edu (John H. Lee) writes:
>In article <1990Dec12.114250@avahi.inria.fr> colas@avahi.inria.fr (Colas Nahaboo) writes:
>>
>>(*) As an example: Seems to me that using two concurrent processes to read
>>MSDOS disks via MSH yields you corrupted buffer I/Os, but I'm not sure
>
>Wrong.  Two concurrent processes accessing the disk will not corrupt buffers,
>even if they use MSH.  Before you make another blatently false statement
>like that, you should learn about the system first and make sure you know
>what you're talking about.  You may be using an older version of MSH with
>a bug in it.  I do often exactly what you describe with no problems.  If a

Ahhh, I think you may be wrong - there is a bug in MSH somewhere, because I
have SuperPlan and the LATEST version of MSH (the one w/o the requesters
popping up all the time) and it crashes when used with MSH - saving a file
seems to work, but as soon as I try to read it back, the system crashes.
This does not happen when saving to Amiga disks.  I haven't tried "mixing and
matching" AmigaDOS and MSH filesystems and device drivers yet, and it may show
specifically where the problem lies in MSH.

I am following up this thread to c.s.a., as it doesn't belong here anymore.

David M. Pochron	    |  from Rescue Rangers, _A Fly in the Ointment_
pochron@garfield.cs.wisc.edu|  Gadget to Dale:  "Keep the hands off the body!"