[comp.sys.amiga.games] Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

hofer@urz.unibas.ch (Remo Hofer) (12/12/90)

I know this has already been discussed but I have some problems playing
the Infocom adventure Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy. I guess you have to
show tea and no tea to the door to enter Marvin's room. Or is there another
way to demonstrate your intelligence? I've managed to get some real tea (not
the substitute). But how can I hold tea and no tea? Everytime I take the tea,
I automatically drop no tea. I tried to put the tea in some pocket to take it
out again and leave no tea in the pocket, but this doesn't work. Does somebody
know the solution? If the solution is not a simple step, I'd like to get only
a hint, so that I will not miss any joke. Thanks in advance for any reply.

Remo

PS another problem I haven't solved so far is how to get the awl from the
starship. I know that I will need it, since I had a vision to see Marvin with
the awl in the hatchway.
--
RFC822:  <hofer@urz.unibas.ch>
 X.400:  S=hofer;OU=urz;O=unibas;P=SWITCH;A=ARCOM;C=CH

thornley@cs.umn.edu (David H. Thornley) (12/13/90)

In article <1990Dec12.140054.1243@urz.unibas.ch> hofer@urz.unibas.ch (Remo Hofer) writes:

>I know this has already been discussed but I have some problems playing
>the Infocom adventure Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy. I guess you have to
>show tea and no tea to the door to enter Marvin's room. Or is there another
>way to demonstrate your intelligence? I've managed to get some real tea (not
>the substitute). But how can I hold tea and no tea? Everytime I take the tea,
>I automatically drop no tea. I tried to put the tea in some pocket to take it
>out again and leave no tea in the pocket, but this doesn't work. Does somebody
>know the solution? If the solution is not a simple step, I'd like to get only
>a hint, so that I will not miss any joke. Thanks in advance for any reply.

First, how can you have both tea and no tea?  It violates common sense!

You seem to be missing a really obscure action altogether.  In the bar
scene, the bar sells beer, peanuts, and sandwiches.  You drank the
beer, you know about peanuts, ever buy a sandwich?  Look at it.
Would you eat that?  What else could you do with it?

DHT

francis@arthur.uchicago.edu (Francis Stracke) (12/14/90)

In article <1990Dec12.175411.10523@cs.umn.edu> thornley@cs.umn.edu (David H. Thornley) writes:
>First, how can you have both tea and no tea?  It violates common sense!

This *is* Hitchhiker's we're talking about, you know. :-)

| Francis Stracke		| My opinions are my own.  I don't steal them.|
| University of Chicago		| Until you stalk and overrun,	     	      |
| francis@zaphod.uchicago.edu	|  you can't devour anyone. -- Hobbes 	      |