[comp.sys.amiga.games] Innerprise Battle Squadron

dlau@sdcc13.ucsd.edu (David Lau) (12/14/90)

I'm new to the Amiga world, and as such, I have very few games.  One
that I do have is Battle Squadron.  I find that I play for hours,
and in the span of a few days, I've scored in the 600,000 range.
Now I don't know if that's good or bad on average, but I do know
that the only way anyone is going to see my score is if they watch
me play, because my scores aren't being saved to the disk.  I've
combed the documentation and box, I've let the game cycle through
its demo several times (and yes, the disk is set for read/write),
yet I still can't figure out how to save my score.

Is this the case for everyone, or am I missing something?

Thanks for helping my ego.
Sal

dvljhg@cs.umu.se (J|rgen Holmberg) (12/15/90)

In article <14936@sdcc6.ucsd.edu> dlau@sdcc13.ucsd.edu (David Lau) writes:
>I'm new to the Amiga world, and as such, I have very few games.  One
>that I do have is Battle Squadron.  I find that I play for hours,
>and in the span of a few days, I've scored in the 600,000 range.
>Now I don't know if that's good or bad on average, but I do know
>that the only way anyone is going to see my score is if they watch
>me play, because my scores aren't being saved to the disk.  I've
>combed the documentation and box, I've let the game cycle through
>its demo several times (and yes, the disk is set for read/write),
>yet I still can't figure out how to save my score.
>
>Is this the case for everyone, or am I missing something?
>
>Thanks for helping my ego.
>Sal

If I recall correctly there is no save of the highscores. Just as well since
you easily finish the game every time you play it :-)
Check out some of Martin's other proggys if you like this one.

/Jorgen
email dvljhg@cs.umu.se - other ways to communicate are a waste of time.
Everything I say is always true, just apply it to the right reality.
"Credo, quia absurdum est."