[comp.sys.amiga.games] Sniffle, Sniffle,

news@doe.carleton.ca (12/14/90)

****************** WARNING:  FLAME ALERT ********************

ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!!!!!

What in the world is going on?????  It's almost like I'm reading a
newsgroup where all the posters are under the age of 10.  Statements
like "...you don't know what you're talking about...", "...this is
better than you can do...", "...let's see you do better...", and
the classic "...mine is better than yours..."  all belong to immature
children who don't know any better.  Oh, and let's not forget childish
insults like "you freak", "crybaby", "stupid", etc., etc.  Let's cut out
the personal attacks and get back to discussing, in a civilized manner,
the topic for which this newsgroup exists.  Everyone is entitled to their
own opinion but attacking somebody personally for his/her opinion definitely
does not belong here.  And the same goes for all the counter-flames.
I'm sure the person being flamed can fend for themselves (if they really felt
the need to).  No need for anybody else taking on the responsibility of
schoolyard protector.

Or maybe, just maybe, this newsgroup is being infiltrated by little kids...

************************ FLAME OFF **************************

jas@ISI.EDU (Jeff Sullivan) (12/15/90)

In article <1990Dec13.172953.23693@ccs.carleton.ca> news@doe.carleton.ca writes:

>****************** WARNING:  FLAME ALERT ********************
>
>ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!!!!!
>
>What in the world is going on?????  It's almost like I'm reading a
>newsgroup where all the posters are under the age of 10.  Statements
>like "...you don't know what you're talking about...", "...this is
>better than you can do...", "...let's see you do better...", and
>the classic "...mine is better than yours..."  all belong to immature
>children who don't know any better.  Oh, and let's not forget childish
>insults like "you freak", "crybaby", "stupid", etc., etc.  Let's cut out
>the personal attacks and get back to discussing, in a civilized manner,
>the topic for which this newsgroup exists.  Everyone is entitled to their
>own opinion but attacking somebody personally for his/her opinion definitely
>does not belong here.  And the same goes for all the counter-flames.
>I'm sure the person being flamed can fend for themselves (if they really felt
>the need to).  No need for anybody else taking on the responsibility of
>schoolyard protector.
>
>Or maybe, just maybe, this newsgroup is being infiltrated by little kids...
>
>************************ FLAME OFF **************************

Ahhh, piss off, you bozo!

p.s. ;-)

Jeff
Jeffrey A. Sullivan		| Senior Systems Programmer
jas@venera.isi.edu		| Information Sciences Institute
jas@isi.edu   DELPHI: JSULLIVAN	| University of Southern California

news@doe.carleton.ca (12/18/90)

In article <16050@venera.isi.edu> jas@ISI.EDU (Jeff Sullivan) writes:

>In article <1990Dec13.172953.23693@ccs.carleton.ca> news@doe.carleton.ca writes:
>
>>Let's cut out
>>the personal attacks and get back to discussing, in a civilized manner,
>>the topic for which this newsgroup exists.
>>

>Ahhh, piss off, you bozo!
>

>p.s. ;-)
>
>Jeff

Good start.