[comp.sys.amiga.games] Another Chaos Strikes Back Player

skelley@umiacs.umd.edu (Stephen Kelley) (12/18/90)

Jump on the bandwagon, get the game!!!

I got mine Sat. and spent most of the time beefing up my chars
from DM (now all masters of both might & magic).

CSB is different!!! As has been mentioned by various posters,
you *must* use the "make a new game" option on the utility
disk w/ either new or transferred chars and reboot using the
master disk w/ the new data disk.  I tried out a team of
new chars. w/out "making" and found my char. back in prison.
btw some of the new chars have great attributes but they all
"average" adept status. I'd *love* to re-incarnate some of
them and give them a tour of the old dungeon. The new one
is *NOT* for novices much less naked ones...

The game is non-linear. You start "somewhere" down in the
maze (you know you're not on lev 1 'cause you can see shafts
in the roof) and you have to climb up/down (falling more likely)
among various levels along each of 4 "paths" - (1 for each of
the DM diciplines).  Monster are aplenty and tough! I've met
a dragon, spiders & a scorpion w/in 2-3 levels of the start.

You start the game w/out weapons, armor etc in a dark
(of course) room w/ a couple (which will turn into into
a few then a hoard if you don't watch where you step) of
hungry monsters on your tail *literally* depending which
way you're facing. Sorry for the spoiler, but you'll
discover the problem yourself almost immediately - I was
up to my neck in alligators (well, actually another
monster) and had to quit my first game.
You can find some good "stuff" stashed on most levels but
you have to look a bit.

All in all *well* worth the wait.

Spoiler Alert/Questions (Minor ones, though...)

1) Has anyone found the "last two" humans in the prison???
The ad for the hint book includes a list of all (24) the
new chars. but I couldn't find the last two (they look about
the best).

2) I "heard" a chain door open/close when I "looked" at one
of the "undead" heros. Any thots??? (spoilers???)
--

ADMS - not a dbms you're likely to run into every day
	(Unless of course you want process time on one of *OUR* machines...)

mjv@brownvm.brown.edu (Marshall Vale) (12/19/90)

In article <28673@mimsy.umd.edu> skelley@umiacs.umd.edu (Stephen Kelley)
writes:
> 1) Has anyone found the "last two" humans in the prison???
> The ad for the hint book includes a list of all (24) the
> new chars. but I couldn't find the last two (they look about
> the best).

 Keep bumping around, you should find one of the fake walls and eventually
make it to the super character. Note, you can only get ONE of the
super characters, not both (the game seals off the other one once you
get the other). Anyway, they aren't that great, your characters from
DM will probably be as good or better.

Marshall
-> Internet: mjv@brownvm.brown.edu
"He had found the perfect TV mix, on Marvin's Hour of Power.
 (The show that put the FUN back into fundamentalist)."
   -- Neil Gaiman; Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Propecies of
     Agnes Nutter, Witch