[comp.sys.amiga.games] Flames

colas@avahi.inria.fr (Colas Nahaboo) (12/14/90)

I didn't want to spend any more time in this issue, considering the utter
stupidity of some the postings, but I wanted to react to some.

manes@vger.nsu.edu writes:
> You can still play games on your A500

I have 3Megs on My A500, Michel Buffa has an A2000. If I don't have a hard
drive, it is deliberate: I can't stand the NOISE!. I didn't buy a machine
for its super sound just to be annoyed by an horrible noise you cannot boot
without. In fact I even bought a HD, and returned it after a day.
(and guess why I have a A500: because of the 2000 fan)
Here at work we refuse to buy non-deportable CPUs or disks, why should I do at
home?

DXB132@psuvm.psu.edu writes:
> By the way, of all the people I know personally here at school with Amigas,
> only ONE person does not have a hard drive.

If commodore only sold A2000, they would be out of business. People you don't
know who only have A500 are the people allowing you to buy better machines
from commodore.

And now, I can't resist including what is I think the winning entry:

manes@vger.nsu.edu writes:
> Isn't this the country that would not let us fly our bombers over their
> skies when we wanted to give a big box of chocolates to Kadaffi?

BTW: These flames had  good side-effects: The confirmation of MSH bugs, and
Ron Birk's very informative posting about no checksum in powermonger routines.

PS: and I won't cry because some game doesn't make use of my 3Megs memory.
Granted, Wings uses it, but I'd rather have it load from floppies if this
could speed up the (now jerky) animation.
(and before somebody tells me, yes, I will buy a more powerful CPU as soon as
enough games support them)

--
Colas Nahaboo

JCRUEDIG@MTUS5.BITNET (12/21/90)

I have a 500 without a hard drive, also. I want a hard drive, though.
My roomate's hard drive (a Quantum) is very quiet.  You rarelly know
when it's running.
     - Joshua