[comp.sys.amiga.games] Anarchy vs. Revenge of Defender vs. DataStorm

djh@neuromancer.metaphor.com (Dallas J. Hodgson) (12/18/90)

I've played DataStorm, and the PC version of Revenge of Defender. How does
Anarchy measure up?

(Williams Electronics - ever my favorite arcade game company)
| Dallas J. Hodgson               |     "This here's the wattle,             |
| Metaphor Computer Systems       |      It's the emblem of our land.        |
| Mountain View, Ca.              |      You can put it in a bottle,         |
| USENET : djh@metaphor.com       |      You can hold it in your hand."      |
+============================================================================+
| "The views I express are my own, and not necessarily those of my employer" |

pilgrim@daimi.aau.dk (Jakob G}rdsted) (12/21/90)

djh@neuromancer.metaphor.com (Dallas J. Hodgson) writes:
>I've played DataStorm, and the PC version of Revenge of Defender. How does
>Anarchy measure up?

Well I do not know  anything about RevofDef, but I  have both of the rest.
I find Datastorm excellent, but Anarchy really good. To make it clearer:
Anarchy I enjoy really much, but I find Datastorm to be The King of Defender.
(for me). I myself would not have just one of them, but should I be forced
I chose Datastorm, for the gameplay.

+ The controls in Anarchy are quite good.
  The graphics  enchance the game, rather than disturb.
   You do not have to "look up on page xxx after word yyy, or otherwise I
   will blow up your monitor."
   The small shields that can protect your cannisters.
  The music.
- There is no two player game(I have not seen any mentioned in the manual)
  The hundred thousand different special items could be made more quick
  to identify.

Of course, I have talked about features, but really I enjoy playing the
game.