[comp.sys.amiga.games] Deth Knights in CSB

kuento@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (01/04/91)

In article <16.2782ADD0@halluc.FIDONET.ORG>, rlawrence@halluc.FIDONET.ORG (Richard Lawrence) writes:
> ->   Well, I used good ol' fashion hack-and-slash and many a poison
> -> cloud.
> -> Of course, I was using some cheat characters (all Archmasters in all
> -> classes and 999 stamina, health, mana, and 208 on all the stats...)
>
> I'm pretty sure the Deth Knights are impervious to magic attacks, or at
> least have a REAL HIGH magic resistance. I pumped a lot of fireballs/
> lightning bolts/ poison clouds into them before I came to that decision.
> However, I was able to kill them with normal (non cheat - for shame!)
> character by just standing toe to toe and slugging it out, with the rear
> two characters (my main magic users) creating the occasional potion to
> heal the forward fighters.
> -Rich

I used this technique as well, with two additional observations:
(1) Protection spells are cumulative (X-1-4 syllables), so if you use
your mana for DEFENSE, and set up 4-8 of these, the Knights do little
or no damage to you.
(2) The weapons with the BERSERK option do *great* against knights
when nothing else does. Just one of the little nuances of the game...

Incidentally, the above points also apply to Golems. I'm preparing a
posting for CSB players, about random items, pathways, etc, also -
maybe in a day or two.
-------(please include "DY" in subj header of mail to this user)--------
Doug "Speaker-To-Insects" Yanega      "UT!"       Bitnet: KUENTO@UKANVAX
My card: 0 The Fool       (Snow Museum, Univ. of KS, Lawrence, KS 66045)
"I seem to have a penchant for irrelevant flashbacks" - Paul The Samurai