[comp.sys.amiga.games] Immortal - Level 4 *Spoilers*

cschan@carroll1.cc.edu (Craig C Schanning) (12/13/90)

In article <EF0E106D6E5F003FD1@UPR1.UPR.CUN.EDU> W_TROIA@UPR1.UPR.CUN.EDU ("Paolo V. Troia") writes:

>     Has anyone out there playing The Inmortal been able to solve the
>puzzle at the end level four? Dunric's daughter gave me a ring and a clue
>to the puzzle: "Clockwise...three rings around the triangle," or something
>like that. I tried placing the rings on the sockets around the triangle in
>different orders, but it was no good... Help!!!!

In a dream or on a note somewhere, I think the clue is given that
"Some rings are not worn."  What you have to do is walk around the
triangle three times, clockwise.
I have completed this game, so if you need any more help feel free
to write to me, or just post.

*          Craig Schanning - cschan@carroll1.cc.edu           *
*    And the next thing you know,  ol' Jed's a millionaire    *

jeff@isomr.ma02.bull.com (Jeff Tyler ) (12/27/90)

I need help just getting off level II (!).   Have managed to figure out the bit
on changing stone to jewel and have tried EVERY possible combo of jewel
placement on the diagrams in the last room (after slime) but to no avail...

Maybe the book spoiled me, level I was a snap with all that help !  Am I
missing something in the Goblin king's dying words ?

PS: Bought Immortal for my 15 year old for Xmas for  his 500 and I find
myself playing it a LOT.  Reminds me of Temple of Asphi on the 8 bit
machines (albeit with much better graphics).  Enjoyable game, I don't
normally run games on my 2000 that require giving up HD's & memory.
Jeff S. Tyler		                      Internet:jeff@isomr.ma02.bull.com
Unix Tech Support                                 uucp:uunet!hbiso!jeff
Bull ISO                                         voice:(508)-294-4271

amouse@phoenix.pub.uu.oz.au (Rik Wheatley) (01/03/91)

In <181@isomr.ma02.bull.com> jeff@isomr.ma02.bull.com (Jeff Tyler ) writes:

>I need help just getting off level II (!).   Have managed to figure out the bit
>on changing stone to jewel and have tried EVERY possible combo of jewel
>placement on the diagrams in the last room (after slime) but to no avail...

aargh. i can't get into that room. those slime monsters outside always get
me. is there some easy way to avoid them??

the order is RIGHT LEFT CENTER. according to the goblin king, or whoever
he is. which he says when he's dying. i killed him by (a) using the
willo the wisps to kill the 2 guards in the room, then i use the spores
on that mound of earth....then leave the room immediatlely. i haven't
tried any othedr way...all i know is that you can't plant the spores
without fighting the guards, so it's easier to use the wisps to kill
them first.

i suspect you have to kill the goblin king before it will accept you
placing the jewels in the holes.

>Maybe the book spoiled me, level I was a snap with all that help !  Am I
>missing something in the Goblin king's dying words ?

yes. see above.

>PS: Bought Immortal for my 15 year old for Xmas for  his 500 and I find
>myself playing it a LOT.  Reminds me of Temple of Asphi on the 8 bit
>machines (albeit with much better graphics).  Enjoyable game, I don't
>normally run games on my 2000 that require giving up HD's & memory.

yeah. it's really nice. i hate the copy protection though. grinds my
drive severely.

 \ Anony Mouse          | You can't have everything: where would you put it? /
 / amouse@phoenix.pub.uu.oz.au  | one-line starfield: . .. .  . .. .   . ..  \

mike_s@EBay.Sun.COM (Mike "Do the Bartman" Sullivan) (01/05/91)

In <1991Jan3.093930.5501@phoenix.pub.uu.oz.au> amouse@phoenix.pub.uu.oz.au (Rik Wheatley) writes:

>In <181@isomr.ma02.bull.com> jeff@isomr.ma02.bull.com (Jeff Tyler ) writes:

>>I need help just getting off level II (!).   Have managed to figure out the bit
>>on changing stone to jewel and have tried EVERY possible combo of jewel
>>placement on the diagrams in the last room (after slime) but to no avail...

>aargh. i can't get into that room. those slime monsters outside always get
>me. is there some easy way to avoid them??

I have the same problem as Jeff does. And (not intended as a flame) how
do you know what R-L-C means if you can't get to the room? It does not
appear to mean "put the first gem in the right hole, the second in the
left, and the third in the center". Or if it does, it applies in some
way to the three little holes around each big hole.

And, by the way, I did kill the king.

	Mike
--
Mike Sullivan                     Internet: msullivan@Ebay.Sun.COM
Sun Education                     UUCP:     ..!sun!yavin!msullivan