[comp.sys.amiga.games] DMII - How do you get the speedbow?

a309@mindlink.UUCP (George Lin) (01/03/91)

Has anyone figured out how to get the speedbow without falling through the pit?
The riddle is something like "Launch it, Snatch it, Catch it".
(sounds easy, but my fingers aren't that quick I guess)

----------------
--
George Lin
a309@mindlink

cs170703644@vger.nsu.edu (01/05/91)

In article <4310@mindlink.UUCP>, a309@mindlink.UUCP (George Lin) writes:
> Has anyone figured out how to get the speedbow without falling through the pit?
> The riddle is something like "Launch it, Snatch it, Catch it".
> (sounds easy, but my fingers aren't that quick I guess)

        Are you referring to a pit that is in along corridor at the end of
which is a metal gate? If so, then I have the same problem.  I can't find a
way to get past the pit.  There is a lock at the head of the corridor, but none
of my keys seemed to work in it....at least, not on the pit.

    I tried a ZO spell to open the door, but everything I throw that way
bounces back.  Am I supposed to use the on again/off again blue field to
'trap' the ZO spell?

a309@mindlink.UUCP (George Lin) (01/05/91)

> cs170703644@vger.nsu.edu writes:
>
>         Are you referring to a pit that is in along corridor at the end of
> which is a metal gate? If so, then I have the same problem.  I can't find a
> way to get past the pit.  There is a lock at the head of the corridor, but
> none
> of my keys seemed to work in it....at least, not on the pit.
>
>     I tried a ZO spell to open the door, but everything I throw that way
> bounces back.  Am I supposed to use the on again/off again blue field to
> 'trap' the ZO spell?

Nope.

Hint:  You need to walk backwards to solve your problem.

The problem that I had is a different one.

----------------------
--
George Lin
a309@mindlink
uunet!van-bc!rsoft!mindlink!George_Lin

martin@IRO.UMontreal.CA (Daniel Martin) (01/07/91)

-- Spoiler Ahead --

In article <4340@mindlink.UUCP> a309@mindlink.UUCP (George Lin) writes:
>> cs170703644@vger.nsu.edu writes:
>>
>>         Are you referring to a pit that is in along corridor at the end of
>> which is a metal gate? If so, then I have the same problem.  I can't find a
>> way to get past the pit.  There is a lock at the head of the corridor, but
>> none
>> of my keys seemed to work in it....at least, not on the pit.
>>
>>     I tried a ZO spell to open the door, but everything I throw that way
>> bounces back.  Am I supposed to use the on again/off again blue field to
>> 'trap' the ZO spell?
>
>Nope.
>
>Hint:  You need to walk backwards to solve your problem.
>
>The problem that I had is a different one.
>George Lin

   Actually, you just turn around, and throw things at the
teleport field that has appear.  Eventually the pit will
close.  Save your game before, just to be sure.

   Daniel.

--
    // Daniel Martin                            Universite de Montreal   \\
   //  MediaLab, ca vous regarde!               C.P. 6128, Succursale A,  \\