you were reading if you read this! :-)

From: Mike Battersby                            ZONE3_GAMES
To:   Erik Austin                               Msg #164, 01 Jan 91  23:56:09
Subj: Prince of Persia

 EA> I'm stuck on level 8, it's too hard!
 EA> I can get down there, then along there, up there, kill the

  Okay heres the definitive guide to level 8, by ME!

Go left from the start
fight some guy (push him off the edge)
Jump across the gap
go down
go right
go past the exit
keep going right , fighting one guy, until you come to the end
hold of the edge to stop from being spiked
go up
jump back across
go near to the left edge of the screen and do an UP jump a few times to inch
your way onto the next screen (to stop the guy killing you straight out)
If you can, kill him on the trigger stone this makes it 1000% easier
Run. When you get to the double cutters go right up to the edge of the first
one and JUMP through (quickly).
Run and jump across the gap grabbing onto the edge of the platform and
pulling yourself up (should just make it if you are quick)
keep running left
jump across the closing stone near the game
stand as close as you can to the cutter and jump through
walk onto the exit opening stone
go to the right edge of the screen and do a careful step onto the next
screen, then JUMP through the cutter
go right and up to the gate...Wait there and a mouse will come and open it
for you
do down and right...and you're home free to level 9

Hoping that helps someone

Dac
--
 _l _  _   // Andrew Clayton. Canberra, Australia.         I Post  .
(_](_l(_ \X/  ccadfa.cc.adfa.oz.au!prolix!dac                     . .  I am.