[comp.sys.amiga.games] ChaosSB: RANDOM ITEMS LIST, keys, cheat maps...

kuento@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (01/06/91)

For those of you wondering, I have a list (which might not be quite
complete, but it's close) of items whose location in CSB is random
from game to game. It's long, but not THAT long. To wit...
2 pr Boots of Speed
chest of Gor coins
chest of magic boxes
Diamond Edge
Ra Blade
Dragon Armor (all pieces)
Ra Armor (all pieces)
ee potion
eye of time
flamitt
key of B
2 gold keys
onyx key
skeleton key
topaz key (and no lock for it?)
LOCK PICKS (too bad)
ku potion
magic box
Storm
storm ring
throwing star
ven potion
wand
2 waterskins

Note that many of these items are not unique, and others can be found
elsewhere in fixed locations (like the other Boots of Speed, or the
other Storm, or the other Storm Ring, etc...).
Note also that while the specific placement of the above items is
random, there are only a certain set of PLACES where random items will
be found! In other words, random doesn't mean anywhere in the Dungeon,
just scrambled up between a small set of locations.

Also, for key fanatics, note that there are generally far more copies
of a given key type than you will actually need, at least if you've
got the lock picks. Other locks are there ONLY to waste keys, and
there may be another way past the door (bashing, button, false wall,
etc.). However, the turquoise, ruby, emerald, and solid keys are each
unique, and each is *absolutely* required for the completion of one
specific path. The Demon Director allows for a *little* bit of cross-
over, in certain cases, but without the required key, the effort will
ultimately be futile.

Incidentally, all the cheat maps I've seen for the Amiga crowd are
missing some areas, especially one on the top level (the Fulya level,
or L10) - it's the very southern margin of the level, and I still
don't know how to get into it - only that it connects up *behind* the
Master Key door, via the double-lock room. Anyone know how to get in
there? There's nothing essential in it, obviously (otherwise it'd be
a spoiler to mention it), but I'm still curious
-------(please include "DY" in subj header of mail to this user)--------
Doug "Speaker-To-Insects" Yanega      "UT!"       Bitnet: KUENTO@UKANVAX
My card: 0 The Fool       (Snow Museum, Univ. of KS, Lawrence, KS 66045)
"Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?" - Pink Floyd

scottf@cai.uucp (Scott Fleming) (01/08/91)

In article <27713.27863523@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu> kuento@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu writes:
>For those of you wondering, I have a list (which might not be quite
>complete, but it's close) of items whose location in CSB is random
>from game to game. It's long, but not THAT long. To wit...
>2 pr Boots of Speed
>chest of Gor coins
>chest of magic boxes
>Diamond Edge
>Ra Blade
>Dragon Armor (all pieces)
>Ra Armor (all pieces)
>ee potion
>eye of time
>flamitt
>key of B
>2 gold keys
>onyx key
>skeleton key
>topaz key (and no lock for it?)
>LOCK PICKS (too bad)
>ku potion
>magic box
>Storm
>storm ring
>throwing star
>ven potion
>wand
>2 waterskins
>
>Note that many of these items are not unique, and others can be found
>elsewhere in fixed locations (like the other Boots of Speed, or the
>other Storm, or the other Storm Ring, etc...).
>Note also that while the specific placement of the above items is
>random, there are only a certain set of PLACES where random items will
>be found! In other words, random doesn't mean anywhere in the Dungeon,
>just scrambled up between a small set of locations.
>
>Also, for key fanatics, note that there are generally far more copies
>of a given key type than you will actually need, at least if you've
>got the lock picks. Other locks are there ONLY to waste keys, and
>there may be another way past the door (bashing, button, false wall,
>etc.). However, the turquoise, ruby, emerald, and solid keys are each
>unique, and each is *absolutely* required for the completion of one
>specific path. The Demon Director allows for a *little* bit of cross-
>over, in certain cases, but without the required key, the effort will
>ultimately be futile.
>
>Incidentally, all the cheat maps I've seen for the Amiga crowd are
>missing some areas, especially one on the top level (the Fulya level,
>or L10) - it's the very southern margin of the level, and I still
>don't know how to get into it - only that it connects up *behind* the
>Master Key door, via the double-lock room. Anyone know how to get in
>there? There's nothing essential in it, obviously (otherwise it'd be
>a spoiler to mention it), but I'm still curious

  I've heard that there are four sets of speed boots, anyone else hear this?