[comp.sys.amiga.games] Shadowgate spoilers wanted AND GIVEN. *SPOILERS*

vaughn@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (Chris Vaughn) (01/10/91)

In article <3877@bnr-rsc.UUCP>, hounsell@nmerh4.BNR.CA (Rob Hounsell) writes:
> Folks,
>
>   I've been stuck in Shadowgate for the last year (shows how much I play it).
> Recently I went back to it, and I'm still stuck, and too cheap to send for the
> clue book. (Shadowgate is a graphics-based  adventure - I forget who released
> it).
>
>   Anyone have hints? Here's where I am so far:
>
> - the only thing I could do in the main entrance with the carpet is to burn it
>
> - I have the sceptre, sword, spear, sling, stones, silver arrow, spellbook,
> helm, shield, various torches including an odd one, and a little treasure.

The odd torch is used against the spectre.  The rest should become apparent as
you get to them.

> - in the hidden room with the silver arrow: how do I get to the upper exit???

You don't.  It's is one of the MANY red herrings in this game.

> - in the dragon lair, is there any point in getting the chest?

None at all.  Can't do it.  You just need the helmet, shield, and hammer.

> - just outside the dragon lair, there is a square hole in the door. What's it
> for? How can I get down the trap door? Does the pedestal have any significance?

The hole is for the white(?) gem, which you find with three others in a bag in
that room behind the waterfall.  Just pull on the rock.
It makes a crystal ball which you need to freeze the water in the lake room.
The trap door is another fake.

> - in the lake room, how can I get the key from the skeleton (there's a shark
> cruising by...)

see above

> - in the waterfall room, can you get past the rubble blocking the stairs? I've
> found the room behind the falls.

Stairs are useless.  See above for the room behind the falls.

> - in the mirror room, there is a trap door in the floor, and a locked door
> behind the middle mirror, as well as a flying broom. How can I control the
> broom? Do I use it to descend through the trap door or other exits? I am
> assuming that the key the skeleton holds in the lake room will open this locked
> door...

Can't remember if that's the key or not.  But probably.  In order to use this
trap door (which is real, for once) you have to have activated the rope in the
room below it.

>   That's as far as I can get, and I'm stuck. Lots of exits, but I can't get
> through them without dying! HELP!!!
>
> (and thanks)
> Rob

That's about all I can tell you at the moment.
Ask if you need more...
Chris Vaughn			| Hmmm... what to put here.....??
Junior in Computer Science	|
University of Kansas		|
vaughn@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu	|