amiga-relay@ee.udel.edu (01/08/91)

From: fhwri%CONNCOLL.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu

I heard that DIPLOMACY was coming out from Avalon Hill, about a year ago.
No news since, damn it. There was a PD DIP game out there (buggy!) that
would only adjudicate moves, not play the game. There's a PD game (can't
remember the name) that's very RISK-like, and another PD game called
IMPERIUM ROMANUM that's also like RISK. I personally wish that LORDS OF
CONQUEST would get ported to the Amiga; it was based on the best-ever
DIPLOMACY-like board game, BORDERLANDS, and was a terrific game played
against the computer, and even better when played with 2 or 3 humans!
                                                --Rick Wrigley
                                                fhwri@conncoll.bitnet

sbeagle@kennels.actrix.gen.nz (Sleeping Beagle) (01/10/91)

markf@syma.sussex.ac.uk (Mark Foster) writes:

> I already have RISK! and I think that its quite good fun even if it does
> cheat by defending with 3 dice and the computer players are totally
> brain-dead.
>
> How about Diplomacy and some of the others, if they exist.

Someone has done a version of Diplomacy. I don't think it's an
official version either!

Anyway, it's not very good. Well, I wasn't wildly impressed anyway.
Wait for a real version...

#include games

Anyway, has anyone seen, played, loved Indy 500? It's a great game!
It's a little slow on the Amiga 500 but it sure hums along on an
Amiga 3000 and the disk is not protected. Could it be that Electronic
Arts is finally getting its act together?

The only bad point is that you can't put it on the hard drive...
--
**      Official Signature for Sleeping Beagle (aka Thomas Farmer)!
** sbeagle@kennels.actrix.gen.nz   || Disclaimers are for sick societies