[comp.sys.amiga.games] Captive help still needed!

dac@prolix.ccadfa.oz.au (Andrew Clayton) (01/09/91)

In article <76826@unix.cis.pitt.edu>, John C. Fossum writes:

>      I still need help on Butre. How do you use the explosives on the
> generators?

Throw the explosives at the generators. It should 'click'. Then
you run, don't walk, RUN to the exit. Hope you haven't forgotten
the code to get in, because you need it to get out again, and you
get one (1) chance.

> Also, someone said something about a weapons shop but all
> I found were chinamen selling me mines, explosives, cameras, optic lens,
> and services of repairing.

Some shops sell weapons. Not many though. Some also sell better
armour, which is wearable, depending upon your characters Robotic
ability.

SPOILERS FOLLOW

Use the DIE next to one of the code-portal doors, roll the die
and it will always roll a four, with one corner 'red' which
indicates which button is next in sequence on the door. This only
works on internal maze code-portals, not on the main base
entrances!

Use the ball's to kill some creatures, but watch out for bouncing
superballs coming back!

Use the ANTI-GRAV dev scape to be able to kill the floating
droids in level 4.

> I must be missing something because I can't
> get back throught the portal.

You need to throw the dynamite at the generators.

> Also, how do you recharge your droids?

Have you tried sticking your finger into power points? :-)

> -Steve M. Suhy-

Dac
--
p.s. this should be in c.s.a.games

pery@hprnd.rose.hp.com (Pery Pearson) (01/11/91)

*******WARNING*********SPOILERS***********WARNING*********

OK, here's the scoop:
  The general goal on each planet is to find and destroy the generators.  The
  entrance portal will not open until the generators have been destroyed.  To
  destroy the generators, grab the explosives in your droid's hand and place
  them near the top of a generator - you'll hear a 'click' sound.

  The most common way to recharge is to touch an empty hand to a wall outlet
  (the three-pronged devices near the floor on some walls) and then touch your
  energized hand to the chest piece of a droid - isn't this in the docs?

  Not all shopkeepers have the same inventory, so keep looking

  And experiment with the Optics and Dev-Scape devices.

--
 Pery