[comp.sys.amiga.games] SimEarth on AMAX?

huebner@en.ecn.purdue.edu (Robert E. Huebner) (01/10/91)

This one was a reall toss-up between .emulations and .games, but here goes:

Does anyone know if its possible to run SimEarth under AMAX?  How much
memory would I need?  I'd just like to get a definite response before
making a purchase.  Its not a cheap game by any measure, but it looks neat.

Also, any idea when an Amiga conversion is due?  I was impressed by the
quality of the SimCity port, hopefully they will take similar care
transporting SimEarth.

--

| Robert E. Huebner (Amiga Nut)       | "Although generally docile, teachers |
| huebner@en.ecn.purdue.edu           |  have been known to attack savagely  |

dvljhg@cs.umu.se (J|rgen Holmberg) (01/10/91)

In article <1991Jan9.161159.16349@en.ecn.purdue.edu> huebner@en.ecn.purdue.edu (Robert E. Huebner) writes:
>This one was a reall toss-up between .emulations and .games, but here goes:
>
>Does anyone know if its possible to run SimEarth under AMAX?  How much
>memory would I need?  I'd just like to get a definite response before
>making a purchase.  Its not a cheap game by any measure, but it looks neat.
>
>Also, any idea when an Amiga conversion is due?  I was impressed by the
>quality of the SimCity port, hopefully they will take similar care
>transporting SimEarth.

The amiga version of SimEarth should be along in a couple of months.
About the same time as the PC version.

/Jorgen
email dvljhg@cs.umu.se - other ways to communicate are a waste of time.
Everything I say is always true, just apply it to the right reality.
"Credo, quia absurdum est."    Credo in absurdum est?

djh@neuromancer.metaphor.com (Dallas J. Hodgson) (01/11/91)

In article <1991Jan9.161159.16349@en.ecn.purdue.edu> huebner@en.ecn.purdue.edu (Robert E. Huebner) writes:

>Also, any idea when an Amiga conversion is due?  I was impressed by the
>quality of the SimCity port, hopefully they will take similar care
>transporting SimEarth.

Maxis president Jeff Braun told me to wait a good 6 months for Amiga SimEarth
at the Windows 3.0 conference in San Jose. The port's being done in Europe,
unlike the SimCity conversion. Call 'em up and pester them!
| Dallas J. Hodgson               |     "This here's the wattle,             |
| Metaphor Computer Systems       |      It's the emblem of our land.        |
| Mountain View, Ca.              |      You can put it in a bottle,         |
| USENET : djh@metaphor.com       |      You can hold it in your hand."      |
| "The views I express are my own, and not necessarily those of my employer" |