[comp.sys.amiga.games] Railroad Tycoon

sl9qw@cc.usu.edu (01/05/91)

I have recently seen a game that has been out for awhile for IBM, Railroad
Tycoon, it is a very complex and addicting game, its kinda like simcity in some
ways.  My question is, has this been released for the Amiga? And if so, where
could I get it. Oh, if anyone happens to have this lying around, I would be
willing to buy it off of you (providing of course that it is available ;-)

Thanks,
John Z.
SL9QW@cc.usu.edu

steve@wildcat.UUCP (Steve Holland) (01/08/91)

This is for any game programmer looking for ideas:

Take the PC game "Railroad Tycoon", and play it for a while. Then
imagine that it was running on an Amiga and was free of bugs.
THIS is the next killer game.
			-Steve Holland

(Railroad Tycoon is a neat IBM PC game where it is your job to build
a railroad and make millions. It is very buggy.)

----------->Steve Holland<-----------
Internet:wildcat!steve@alphalpha.com | "To err is human, but to really foul
USENET: ..bu!alphalpha!wildcat!steve |  things up requires a computer."
<alphalpha may become alfalfa>

bill@dmntor.UUCP (Bill Kyle) (01/10/91)

TRACON II is an outstanding game, I spent most of the holidays
playing. It is a simulation of Air Traffic Control, and I find it
quite intense. The S/W house that did this is called WESSON and I have
not heard if they will farm the game out to an Amiga firm or do it themselves.

I have a hunch however that we may be out of luck, for this game is,
according to the manual, an afterthought as a result of a serious ATC simulator
done for the FAA and the military by WESSON, which is probably where their
main efforts lie.

If this came out for the Amiga I would buy it right away. WESSON has done
a superb effort to simulate the ATC environment. You have many options to
increase the variety of play. An excellent manual is included that is very
informative. It is difficult to describe the intensity of play but it is
a very insense mental excercise, if you give yourself enough traffic to
control. If this game were to ported to the Amiga I would like to make a
couple of suggestions for improvement however they are minor.

If anyone has heard about an Amiga version for this games give me a shout.

Bill

caw@miroc.Chi.IL.US (Christopher A. Wichura) (01/11/91)

In article <1991Jan4.142346.46129@cc.usu.edu> sl9qw@cc.usu.edu writes:
>I have recently seen a game that has been out for awhile for IBM, Railroad
>Tycoon, it is a very complex and addicting game, its kinda like simcity in some
>ways.  My question is, has this been released for the Amiga? And if so, where
>could I get it. Oh, if anyone happens to have this lying around, I would be
>willing to buy it off of you (providing of course that it is available ;-)

Railroad Tycoon is not out for the Amiga yet.  However, calling MicroProse
and asking them what they're up to will inform you that they are currently
working on the port (supposed to be available around March or so -- we'll
see).  The US house is doing it, which means the game will probably work
pretty well on expanded machines and be HD installable, etc.  It's their UK
house which does the take over the system crud.

-=> CAW

Christopher A. Wichura                Multitasking.  Just DO it.
caw@miroc.chi.il.us  (my amiga)                          ...the Amiga way...
u12401@uicvm.uic.edu (school account)