[comp.sys.amiga.games] DMII/CSB -- Firestaff

a309@mindlink.UUCP (George Lin) (12/31/90)

Well, I've just finished the game.
(yes, there is an "end animation)

However, I have not found the following which I suspect do exist:
1) Dragon Helm
2) 4th pair of speed boots

3) Any other armor of Sar (beside the shield)

And, I have not seen the firestaff in DMII either.

-------------------------------
"Marqis' your brother" -- 2 Live

--
George Lin
a309@mindlink

parker@cs.wvu.wvnet.edu (James Parker) (01/02/91)

% Well, I've just finished the game.
% (yes, there is an "end animation)

Well, guys.  This is the man we need to turn to with our questions!!!

% However, I have not found the following which I suspect do exist:
% 1) Dragon Helm

I found a Dragon Helm along with some sort of Dragon Boots when I was
exploring, but I forget where.  I think it was in a secret room where those
blue ant-men with the clubs are.

% 2) 4th pair of speed boots

% 3) Any other armor of Sar (beside the shield)

% And, I have not seen the firestaff in DMII either.
% --
% George Lin
% a309@mindlink
% uunet!van-bc!rsoft!mindlink!George_Lin

--
 James Parker   (parker@a.cs.wvu.wvnet.edu)     /* STANDARD DISCLAIMERS */
   WVU ComputerScience     |

arxt@quads.uchicago.edu (patrick palmer) (01/02/91)

In article <1173@h.cs.wvu.wvnet.edu> parker@cs.wvu.wvnet.edu (James Parker) writes:

>% Well, I've just finished the game.
>% (yes, there is an "end animation)
>
>Well, guys.  This is the man we need to turn to with our questions!!!

I just finished the game too!  I didn't like the ending though.  Like with
DM, I just waited for it to do something else.

>% However, I have not found the following which I suspect do exist:
>% 1) Dragon Helm
>
>I found a Dragon Helm along with some sort of Dragon Boots when I was
>exploring, but I forget where.  I think it was in a secret room where those
>blue ant-men with the clubs are.

I found the Dragon Helm in an alcove, which was directly below the Neta
corbum.  Just fall through the pit and there it is.

>% 2) 4th pair of speed boots

I only found two!

>% 3) Any other armor of Sar (beside the shield)

Ditto.

>% And, I have not seen the firestaff in DMII either.
>% --
>% George Lin
>% a309@mindlink
>% uunet!van-bc!rsoft!mindlink!George_Lin
>
>--
> James Parker   (parker@a.cs.wvu.wvnet.edu)     /* STANDARD DISCLAIMERS */
>   WVU ComputerScience     |
>    Graphic & Computation  |          Do not write in this space.
>    Lab Coordinator        |

	Aidan Palmer

a309@mindlink.UUCP (George Lin) (01/05/91)

> tanner@sapphire.idbsu.edu writes:
>
> Msg-ID: <1991Jan5.073916.3584@sapphire.idbsu.edu>
>
> Org.  : Boise State University, Boise
> Person: cs127- Byron (Mark
>
> A couple clues...
>

> Find the lock picks early on they save a lot of keys, although I had tons
> of keys to spare anyhow.  Carefull though, one keyhole triggers fireballs
> another opens a pit beneath you and drops you into "Death Row" when you use
> the lock picks.  Lots of fun.

I've been wondering how to get into "Death Row"....  Thankx.

--

tanner@sapphire.idbsu.edu (cs127- Byron (Mark) Tanner) (01/05/91)

In article <1173@h.cs.wvu.wvnet.edu> parker@cs.wvu.wvnet.edu (James Parker) writes:

>I found a Dragon Helm along with some sort of Dragon Boots when I was
>exploring, but I forget where.  I think it was in a secret room where those
>blue ant-men with the clubs are.

Very doubtfull they will be there twice.  Each games shuffles almost all the
items around the entire dungeon.  Some are constant, but not many of the
interesting ones.

I solved Chaos Strikes back a couple days ago.  Exllent ending, just wish it
had music.  Well worth the effort.  Except now what do I play??  When is DMIII
due out???  heh heh

I got a couple emails asking what the map spells were.  Well, I'm sorry but I have figured out how to post messages, not how to send email yet...  If some kind soul could point me to a help file I would appreciate it, cause we have no such thing here...

WARNING...  map spells follow...

Three are almost identical,
  OH  GOR and then the symbol desired KU  ROS  or DAIN
      KU shows monsters on the map
      ROS shows hidden pits and secret walls
      DAIN shows magic spells, (like fireballs)

  The other one, dang can't find my notes now, oh well I think it
was ZO EW NETA.  It locks the map in place.  Experiment...
Another tip, use poison clouds and balls, they are extremely effective on
dragons especially.
  -Mark

tanner@sapphire.idbsu.edu (cs127- Byron (Mark) Tanner) (01/05/91)

A couple clues...

Find the lock picks early on they save a lot of keys, although I had tons
of keys to spare anyhow.  Carefull though, one keyhole triggers fireballs
another opens a pit beneath you and drops you into "Death Row" when you use
the lock picks.  Lots of fun.

Also when you get the the pit try throwing something other than the corbum
into it...  (Be sure to save first... heh heh)  Regular 4th of July.

When Chaos shows up brandish the Cross neta at him and he high tails it away
for a short time.  Meanwhile get your party hightailing it away.

Never really noticed any advantage to armor in CSB either, in fact about
half way through I took it all off and ran around naked.  Didn't notice any
difference.  Anyone else???

Well, hmm, can't think of any other pointers.  Guess what I think I have
figured out how to send an email.  I'll give it a shot.  Fun fun.

  Enjoy,
  -Mark

bgrave@ub.d.umn.edu (Brian Grave) (01/06/91)

>% However, I have not found the following which I suspect do exist:
>% 1) Dragon Helm
>
>I found a Dragon Helm along with some sort of Dragon Boots when I was
>exploring, but I forget where.  I think it was in a secret room where those
>blue ant-men with the clubs are.
>
>% 2) 4th pair of speed boots
>
>% 3) Any other armor of Sar (beside the shield)
>
>% And, I have not seen the firestaff in DMII either.

I have finished CSB as well (on an Atari ST however but it's basically
the same).  The problem with CSB is that not everything is in the same
place every time you play it.  The first time I solved it I found the
Plate of Ra (or some such armor) in one of the alcoves in the wall in
the room with the pits on the worm level.  The next time I played the
game the armor was on the level of the fire pit.  It doesn't stay the
same.  The game is confusing as hell... timed walls, objects in
different places every game, never knowing what level you are on, etc.

I did successfully map the whole dungeon (what a job THAT was!).  So, it
is possibly for all of those out there who find themselves hoplessly
lost.  Good luck and happy gaming.

Brian Grave					bgrave@ub.d.umn.edu

"Bill my friend..."
	"Yes Ted my friend?"
"This has been a most excellent adventure."

cs170703644@vger.nsu.edu (01/06/91)

In article <614@ub.d.umn.edu>, bgrave@ub.d.umn.edu (Brian Grave) writes:
>>% However, I have not found the following which I suspect do exist:
>>% 1) Dragon Helm
>>
>>I found a Dragon Helm along with some sort of Dragon Boots when I was
>>exploring, but I forget where.  I think it was in a secret room where those
>>blue ant-men with the clubs are.

                   I found a Dragon Helm and Dragon Boots in one of those
alcoves in the room above the DDD.  It's one of those deals where youhave
to rush to grab a goodie, and then you fall through a pit.

I suspect that once the alcove is empty, I can do a quick 2-step shuffle to
avoid the pitfall....if my iron keys don't run out, so I can turn off the
blue curtain.

BTW, do those iron keys 'reappear' in the same spot in the DDD?  It seems to me
that I have found more than one of them.....one every time I go through there,
and always in the exact same spot.

Jean

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
| werjun@large              |  I'm so sick of hearing about Elvis.  |
+ cs170703644@vger.nsu.edu  +         I wish he was dead!           +
|                           |                                       |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

mjv@brownvm.brown.edu (Marshall Vale) (01/08/91)

In article <4341@mindlink.UUCP> a309@mindlink.UUCP (George Lin) writes:
> I've been wondering how to get into "Death Row"....  Thankx.

 Lets see... If I remember correctly, there is a golden door above the
Death Row area (next level up from Death Row). And if you use a lock pick
on it, a pit opens below you and drops you into Death Row. There isn't
anything interesting in there except for a reallyyyy mean stone golemn.
 Never actually did it, I never found the lock picks but that's just how
the random pool generate for me, put this is what people told me on CI$.

Good luck
Marshall

-> Internet: mjv@brownvm.brown.edu
"He had found the perfect TV mix, on Marvin's Hour of Power.
 (The show that put the FUN back into fundamentalist)."
   -- Neil Gaiman; Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Propecies of
     Agnes Nutter, Witch

cs170703644@vger.nsu.edu (01/09/91)

In article <60878@brunix.UUCP>, mjv@brownvm.brown.edu (Marshall Vale) writes:
> In article <4341@mindlink.UUCP> a309@mindlink.UUCP (George Lin) writes:
>> I've been wondering how to get into "Death Row"....  Thankx.
>
>  Lets see... If I remember correctly, there is a golden door above the
> Death Row area (next level up from Death Row). And if you use a lock pick
> on it, a pit opens below you and drops you into Death Row. There isn't
> anything interesting in there except for a reallyyyy mean stone golemn.
>  Never actually did it, I never found the lock picks but that's just how
> the random pool generate for me, put this is what people told me on CI$.

    I'd be glad just to know where the lock picks ARE.....I don't even know
what they look like!
     Jean

bgrave@ub.d.umn.edu (Brian Grave) (01/11/91)

In article <443.278a26ed@vger.nsu.edu> cs170703644@vger.nsu.edu writes:

>    I'd be glad just to know where the lock picks ARE.....I don't even know
>what they look like!
>     Jean

In my many travels through Lord Chaos' twisted sense of humor I have
found the lock picks in several different places.  One time I killed a
thief and it droped out of the dust he left behind.  Another time I
found them lying on the floor on the top level (The Ful pit maze).  So I
would guess that it's all random.