[comp.sys.amiga.games] Prince of Persia Level 8 sln alt

cs220x0b@ducvax.auburn.edu (HASH BROWNS) (01/12/91)

In article <187c9106.ARN09470@prolix.ccadfa.oz.au>, dac@prolix.ccadfa.oz.au (Andrew Clayton) writes:

lotta stuf deleted...

> go near to the left edge of the screen and do an UP jump a few times to inch
> your way onto the next screen (to stop the guy killing you straight out)

You can also SNEAK past the guy and surprise him from behind.
When you first enter the screen, you come from the left and are on the bottom
level of the screen.  The guy is facing left, standing on a ledge above you.
When you walk through the passage beneath him, carefully tip-toe under him.
He won't hear your footsteps or turn to the right.  Now, when you re-enter
the screen from the right side, he will be caught unaware.  Sadly,  it still
takes more than one hit to kill him.

> screen, then JUMP through the cutter
What is the deal with all this jumping and timing I've read?  Unless I am
seriously pressed for time,  I carefully step through each cutter individually.
Just wanted to offer this as an alternative in case people were sweating over
their timing or were getting chopped in two more often than they liked.

--    ________                       __________
     /_______/        __________    /_________/   cs200x0a@DucVAX.Auburn.EDU
    _______  ________/____  ___/__     __    ___  _________________  _  _
    \_____ \/ ____/ ___  / /_  __/    / /   /   \/ / ____/ _  / __ \/ \/ \
  _______/ / /___/ /__/ / / / /  ____/ /___/ /\   / /_  / _  / __  /      \
 /________/\_____>_____/_/ /_/  /_________/_/  \_/___  /_/ \_\/ /_/__/\_/\_\
                                                    /_/

dac@prolix.ccadfa.oz.au (Andrew Clayton) (01/12/91)

In article <1991Jan11.102304.1032@ducvax.auburn.edu>, HASH BROWNS writes:

> In article <187c9106.ARN09470@prolix.ccadfa.oz.au>, dac@prolix.ccadfa.oz.au (Andrew Clayton) writes:
>
> lotta stuf deleted...
>
> > go near to the left edge of the screen and do an UP jump a few times to inch
> > your way onto the next screen (to stop the guy killing you straight out)
>
> You can also SNEAK past the guy and surprise him from behind.

Oh, ok.

> > screen, then JUMP through the cutter

> What is the deal with all this jumping and timing I've read?  Unless I am
> seriously pressed for time,  I carefully step through each cutter individually.
> Just wanted to offer this as an alternative in case people were sweating over
> their timing or were getting chopped in two more often than they liked.

I was only answering the question.  I'm a total neophyte at Prince of Persia
(and if Barry Schwartz wants to comment on my status as 'neophyte', he can
jolly well do it in alt.flame), and I have yet to get past level 1. Sigh.

I have heard that on the IBM machines, starting the game with a parameter of
'Megahit' from the DOS command line will give you a whole range of cheats.
Here is the list, again from Zone3_Games in Fidonet, Oz...