[comp.sys.amiga.games] Bard's Tale III - Does it exist?

slmt9@cc.usu.edu (01/11/91)

	Does anyone out there know whether or not there was ever an Amiga
version of the game Bard's Tale III. I have seen it advertised for the IBM and
I think that I also saw it for the Commodore 64. Neither of these two is really
what I want. I want to get it for the Amiga.

	If anyone knows anything about it either good or bad then please let me
know. I can Handle a bunch of replys so send away.

	Thanks in advance,
	Joshua
	SLMT9@cc.usu.edu

elf@sumax.seattleu.edu (Elf Sternberg) (01/13/91)

slmt9@cc.usu.edu writes:

> 	Does anyone out there know whether or not there was ever an Amiga
> version of the game Bard's Tale III. I have seen it advertised for the IBM an
> I think that I also saw it for the Commodore 64. Neither of these two is real
> what I want. I want to get it for the Amiga.
>
> 	If anyone knows anything about it either good or bad then please let me
> know. I can Handle a bunch of replys so send away.
>
> 	Thanks in advance,
> 	Joshua
> 	SLMT9@cc.usu.edu

        Sorry, but no, there never was a Bard's Tale III for the Amiga,
and there never will be.  The writers of Bard's Tale left Electronic Arts
and took the rights to Bard's Tale with them.  EA has the right to
continue manufacture of present properties (ie, Bards Tale III for the
Commodore 64, BD3 for the Incredibly Boring Machines, ect, but isn't
allowed to hire another crew to port BDIII to Amiga, and the owners of
the "intellectual property" say they won't do even if EA uses a cattle
prod!
                .sigs temporarily broken
elf@halcyon.wa.com