[comp.sys.amiga.games] Dragon Wars Commentaries

A_ASENCIO@UPR1.UPR.CUN.EDU (Hard Bytes Amiga User Group) (01/14/91)

KLOPCIC JOEL THADDEUS <klopcic@amethyst.bucknell.edu> writes:

>	Manky thanks to those who gave me hints for Bard's Tale. I
>found the Triangle last night, so I'll go after Mangar tonight. BTW
>Is Dragon Wars any good?  They say it will accept Bard's Tale chars.

>	Thanks again.
>					JTK

For those who don't know Dragon Wars, if you like Bard's Tale, this your
type.

This is what Bard's Tale should been, great graphics, animated, great
music, HD instalable, no copy protection, and the best of all, great
auto-mapping. Also you can transfer 4 of your Bard's Tale characters.

But in V1.0 I had problems with the Transfer, all my characters had 0 in
their abilities, I called Interplay and they told me to send the disks for
an update.  I'm waiting them for a review.

Gainning levels here is unique (I think) you have two points each level,
and you distribute thru your atributes or skills.

I don't like that you can do more with the Fistfighting
ability that most of the weapons.  But still, for Bard's Tale lover, I
highly recomend Dragons Wars, you don't have to follow one route, you have
many, and you can complete different missions in different order and in
different ways (most of them, you have two options)

Best wishes to Namtar,
Angel//
   \X/

      Angel Asencio//               Computer Engineering Student
                 \X/                University of Puerto Rico
802360644%rumac%upr1.upr.clu.edu    Mayaguez Campus
A_ASENCIO%upr1.upr.clu.edu
  ******* Amiga, it's not just a computer, it's THE COMPUTER *******