[comp.sys.amiga.games] Help with It Came From the Desert

steves@pnet01.cts.com (Stephen Scheck) (01/12/91)

Hello everybody,
I am having problems getting into the ants' nest to exterminate the queen ant.
I found the opening from to the nest from the plane, and I even managed to
land the plane in the desert near the opening, but then I got into a grenade
battle with the ants around the hole, and as I was running around the area and
killing ants, I lost track of the hole. When I went back to where I thought
the hole was, nothing happened. Can you get into the nest this way? If not,
how? Is there any way to make the opening "show up" on the map (every time I
found the opening from the air, either ran out of fuel, or crashed. I'm
thinking that if you spot it and land sucessfully, then it will show up as a
location you can drive to on the map. Am I correct?). Thanks,
                           Steve

UUCP: {hplabs!hp-sdd ucsd nosc}!crash!pnet01!steves
ARPA: crash!pnet01!steves@nosc.mil
INET: steves@pnet01.cts.com

farren@well.sf.ca.us (Mike Farren) (01/14/91)

steves@pnet01.cts.com (Stephen Scheck) writes:
>I found the opening from to the nest from the plane, and I even managed to
>land the plane in the desert near the opening, but then I got into a grenade
>battle with the ants around the hole, and as I was running around the area and
>killing ants, I lost track of the hole.

The hole doesn't stay open all the time.  It opens for a while, then closes
again.

>Can you get into the nest this way?

Yep, you've just got to enter when the hole's open and empty.

>Is there any way to make the opening "show up" on the map (every time I
>found the opening from the air, either ran out of fuel, or crashed. I'm
>thinking that if you spot it and land sucessfully, then it will show up as a
>location you can drive to on the map. Am I correct?)

Nope.  The hole nevers shows up on the map.  It is, however, ALWAYS in the
same place.

--
Mike Farren 				     farren@well.sf.ca.us