[comp.sys.amiga.games] Do Drakkhen copies work OK ?

rmal@cernvax.cern.ch (richard lucock) (01/14/91)

I have a made copy of my original drakkhen disk 1.  While using this, I
found that when talking to the old man in the first castle (hordtkhen's),
instead of telling me about the princess, he told me never to play with a
copy.  Obviously, the program could tell that I was playing with a backup.
Does anyone know whether this is the only change when using a copy, or are
important things left out/hidden/changed when the program decides that the
disk in use isn't an original ?

Thanks,
Richard

yorkw@stable.ecn.purdue.edu (Willis F York) (01/15/91)

rmal@cernvax.cern.ch (richard lucock) writes:

>I have a made copy of my original drakkhen disk 1.  While using this, I
>found that when talking to the old man in the first castle (hordtkhen's),
>instead of telling me about the princess, he told me never to play with a
>copy.  Obviously, the program could tell that I was playing with a backup.
>Does anyone know whether this is the only change when using a copy, or are
>important things left out/hidden/changed when the program decides that the
>disk in use isn't an original ?

Y'll soon get attacked by GOOOOOBS of monsters...
and the game may crash/quit/ect...

--
yorkw@ecn.purdue.edu  Willis F York
Macintosh... Proof that a Person can use a Computer all day and still