[comp.sys.amiga.games] ?

news@helps.cactus.org (News Administrator) (07/11/90)

To: cs.utexas.edu!comp-sys-amiga-games
From: lockhart@cbmvax.commodore.com (John W. Lockhart - Product Assurance)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga.games
Subject: Future Wars
Date: 11 Jul 90 03:46:19 GMT

I'm in need of a spoiler for Future Wars (written by Delphine
Software and published in the U.S. by InterPlay Productions).

After being captured by the Croghons (sp?) during my shuttle flight,
I am trapped in a Croghon jail cell and am unable to get out.

I have:

empty blowtorch
key
lance
documents

I also can have either a one ecu coin or a newspaper (but not both).

The only objects that I can manipulate in the cell are the door and
the air duct, neither of which seem to do much good.

Have I missed an object along the way?  How do I get out?!?

  -- John
John Lockhart, lockhart@cbmvax.commodore.com; BIX: jlockhart
Systems Evaluation Group, Product Assurance Dept., Commodore
Working for, but not speaking for, Commodore.

news@helps.cactus.org (News Administrator) (07/11/90)

To: cs.utexas.edu!comp-sys-amiga-games
From: news@helps.cactus.org (News Administrator)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga.games
Subject: ?
Date: 11 Jul 90 12:22:45 GMT
To: comp-sys-amiga-games@cs.utexas.edu

To: cs.utexas.edu!comp-sys-amiga-games

From: barrett@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (Dan Barrett)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga.games
Subject: Backgammon
Date: 11 Jul 90 14:27:15 GMT

	Is there a good Backgammon for the Amiga?  I have one PD version
("Hoser Backgammon") but I can beat it every time.

                                                        Dan

 //////////////////////////////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
| Dan Barrett, Department of Computer Science      Johns Hopkins University |
| INTERNET:   barrett@cs.jhu.edu           |                                |
| COMPUSERVE: >internet:barrett@cs.jhu.edu | UUCP:   barrett@jhunix.UUCP    |
 \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\/////////////////////////////////////

news@helps.cactus.org (News Administrator) (07/12/90)

To: cs.utexas.edu!comp-sys-amiga-games
From: moynihan_r@apollo.HP.COM (Robert Moynihan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga.games
Subject: Re: Champions of Krynn
Date: 11 Jul 90 14:41:00 GMT
Sender: root@apollo.HP.COM

In article <4790@munnari.oz.au> weic@munnari.oz.au (Wei Kiat CHONG) writes:
>G'day fellow gamers!
>	I need some help here...

...don't we all... :-)

>First of all, am I supposed to find a Dragonlance in the keep at Gargath?

Yes.  You're supposed to find it in the hands of Myrtani, who then sics three
(I think) black dragons on you and flys away - with the Dragonlance.

>When I reached the top of the keep, Myrtani flies off with the lance on a
>dragon and I had to combat 4 (I think) black dragons.

Ah, you're doing just fine so far...

>Secondly, where is the thief's guild in Sanction? I was told by a thief that
>its somewhere near the inn but somehow I couldn't find it... I could see
>two doors in the tavern but I could not get in. Everytime I say I don't need
>a drink I get kicked out.

The thieves guild isn't in the tavern.  You need to catch three thieves in the
act of picking your pockets to get all the info you need.  As I recall, it's
in the southeastern quarter of Sanction, on the street west of, and parallel
to, the street with the shops.  I think it's south of the tavern.

>Thanks for any help!

You're welcome.

>weic@munmurra.cs.mu.oz.au "Don't you love the Amiga?"

As a matter of fact, yes, I do.

============================///====================================
moynihan_r@apollo.hp.com   /// "Winners are losers who got up and
Plink: Moynihan        \\\///  gave it just one more try."
Hewlett-Packard/Apollo  \XX/                        -Dennis DeYoung

news@helps.cactus.org (News Administrator) (07/12/90)

To: cs.utexas.edu!comp-sys-amiga-games
From: moynihan_r@apollo.HP.COM (Robert Moynihan)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga.games
Subject: SSI's Star Command, & asking for SF game recommendations
Date: 11 Jul 90 14:54:00 GMT

-

Having finished Champions of Krynn, and having enjoyed that SSI game
immensely, I decided to try another SSI offering, Star Command.  It is
apparently a couple of years old, and shows its age.  (The graphics are
less than stellar, if you'll pardon the pun.)  However, so far, it's
been a fairly enjoyable game...It's not CoK, but it'll pass the time.
I'm just waiting for Renegade Legion: Interceptor to come out...

Anyway, has anyone else played Star Command?  Got any helpful hints?
I'm trying to find the princess that got stranded in an escape pod near
the black hole.

Lastly, can anyone give me recommendations for other SF based strategy/
adventure games?  (I'm not looking for arcade-style shoot 'em ups in
other words...)  Is there an Amiga version of "The Kobayashi Alternative?"

Thanks in advance.

Bob

--
============================///====================================

To: cs.utexas.edu!comp-sys-amiga-games
From: news@helps.cactus.org (News Administrator)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga.games
Date: 11 Jul 90 16:05:31 GMT
To: comp-sys-amiga-games@cs.utexas.edu

To: cs.utexas.edu!comp-sys-amiga-games
From: news@helps.cactus.org (News Administrator)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga.games
Date: 11 Jul 90 12:22:45 GMT
To: comp-sys-amiga-games@cs.utexas.edu

To: cs.utexas.edu!comp-sys-amiga-games

From: kovach@SRC.Honeywell.COM (Pete Kovach)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga.games
Subject: Re: Whatever happened to Dungeon Master followups?
Date: 11 Jul 90 15:39:04 GMT
Sender: news@src.honeywell.COM

I have two questions on DM -

1) How do you get through the force field of level two which has the chest
behind it?

2) How do you kill the rock/timber creatures on level three? Dropping them
down the pit doesn't work because they come back through the teleporter.
Hitting them seems totally useless with club/sword/shuriken soooo - how do
I kill the suckers?? (fireball, etc does not seem to work either).

Thanks in advance!
Peter Kovach

Sig - We don't need no stinking sig!

news@helps.cactus.org (News Administrator) (07/12/90)

To: cs.utexas.edu!comp-sys-amiga-games
From: news@helps.cactus.org (News Administrator)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga.games
Date: 11 Jul 90 16:24:31 GMT
To: comp-sys-amiga-games@cs.utexas.edu

To: cs.utexas.edu!comp-sys-amiga-games
From: barrett@jhunix.HCF.JHU.EDU (Dan Barrett)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.amiga.games
Date: 11 Jul 90 14:27:15 GMT

	Is there a good Backgammon for the Amiga?  I have one PD version
("Hoser Backgammon") but I can beat it every time.

                                                        Dan

 //////////////////////////////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
| Dan Barrett, Department of Computer Science      Johns Hopkins University |
| INTERNET:   barrett@cs.jhu.edu           |                                |
| COMPUSERVE: >internet:barrett@cs.jhu.edu | UUCP:   barrett@jhunix.UUCP    |

Stewart.Mckinnon@p0.f178.n221.z1.fidonet.org (Stewart Mckinnon) (01/16/91)

It's very simple. "Jump" is a figure of speech, since you can't jump
in the game. You can, however move forward very quickly, as long as
you're not injured and the speed will carry you over the closed pit
that you activate a couple of steps before. Just keep clicking on
the FORWARD arrow as fast as you can.

--
Stewart Mckinnon - via FidoNet node 1:221/171
UUCP    : watmath!xenitec!zswamp!178.0!Stewart.Mckinnon