[comp.sys.amiga.games] Installing Falcon on a HD

stuart@sequoia.cray.com (Stuart Mitchell) (01/10/91)

OK - I know this isn't a new subject, but I just got myself a hard disk and so
am now interested in installing a couple of my more popular games on said disk.

So, the questions: 1. Can it be done ? 2. If so how ?

Any advice/tips are welcome.

Stuart
(mitchell@uk.cray.com)

witzany@sparc1.isgs.uiuc.edu (David Witzany) (01/11/91)

     If you already own an early version of Falcon, you should contact the
manufacturers about getting an upgrade.  I think the HD-installable version
is 1.1, and they'll charge you $7.50 or so, plus your Disk #1.  If you don't
already own the game, the version in any store should be the HD-compatible
one.
--

     Dave Witzany (witzany@sparc1.isgs.uiuc.edu)

critical.mass@pro-graphics.cts.com (Peter Altamore) (01/16/91)

On 10 Jan 91 16:05:24 GMT witzany@sparc1.isgs.uiuc.edu (David Witzany):

>     If you already own an early version of Falcon, you should contact the
>manufacturers about getting an upgrade.  I think the HD-installable version
>is 1.1, and they'll charge you $7.50 or so, plus your Disk #1.  If you don't
>already own the game, the version in any store should be the HD-compatible
>one.

This article motivated me to upgrade my copy of Falcon vintage 1.0 to a more
timely version (one that can land hopefully!).  I called Spectrum Holobyte
and spoke with a friendly and helpful woman.  She informed me that the most
recent version of Amiga Falcon is 1.2.  The upgrade entails sending a check
or money order for $5.00, your original disk #1, and a little note stating
that you want to upgrade to Amiga Falcon v1.2 to:

Spectrum Holobyte
Attn: Customer Support
2061 Challenger Drive
Alameda, CA 94501

The phone # is (415)522-3584
--
      UUCP: crash!pro-graphics!critical.mass    | Critical Mass Software
  ARPA/DDN: pro-graphics!critical.mass@nosc.mil | P.O. Box 23

egp@sarah.amiga.OCUnix.On.Ca (Eric Plante) (01/19/91)

In a message posted on 16 Jan 91 04:56:10 GMT,
critical.mass@pro-graphics.cts.com (Peter Altamore) wrote:

PA>and spoke with a friendly and helpful woman.  She informed me that the most
PA>recent version of Amiga Falcon is 1.2.  The upgrade entails sending a check

Do you know what the improvements over 1.1 are? If you don't, and if you
get a sheet with your disk saying what they are, could you post a summary
here? I have 1.1 and I would like to know if it is worth the trouble...

PA>      UUCP: crash!pro-graphics!critical.mass    | Critical Mass Software

---
[ Eric Plante                        ][ Opinions expressed in this       ]
[   Fido: 1:163/109.63 (819)568-6850 ][ message do not necessarily       ]
[   UUCP: ...!fts1!atronx!sarah!egp  ][ reflect those of its author..    ]