[comp.sys.amiga.games] Powermonger game save problems

a499@mindlink.UUCP (Robert Salesas) (01/18/91)

I believe you have to have a disk that was already formatted to ADOS and
then reformat it within powermonger...
Rob

cole@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (01/19/91)

Well, I'm really pissed off at Electronic Arts now!!!!!!!!

My powermonger game won't format a game save disk!!!  When trying to format
After pressing return it tells me that the disk is write protected, and
doesn't allow me to format it.  Has anyone else had this problem?

a save game disk it tells me to insert the disk in df0: and press return.

stetner@.bnr.ca (Douglas Stetner) (01/19/91)

In article <27982.2796d207@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu> cole@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu writes:
>Well, I'm really pissed off at Electronic Arts now!!!!!!!!
>
>My powermonger game won't format a game save disk!!!  When trying to format
>After pressing return it tells me that the disk is write protected, and
>doesn't allow me to format it.  Has anyone else had this problem?
>

>a save game disk it tells me to insert the disk in df0: and press return.

Make sure that if you have a second floppy drive, that you have a non-write
protected disk in it.  This is mentioned in the manual.

Doug
Douglas G. Stetner, 4S75  |  Bell-Northern Research  | My opinions are my own.
      stetner@bnr.ca      |  P.O. Box 3511, Stn. C   | (613) 828-6321  (home)
 ..!uunet!bnrgate!stetner |  Ottawa, ON, CANADA      | (613) 763-8396  (work)

s117986@lehtori.tut.fi (Salmij{rvi Janne) (01/21/91)

From article <27982.2796d207@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu>, by cole@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu:
> Well, I'm really pissed off at Electronic Arts now!!!!!!!!
>
> My powermonger game won't format a game save disk!!!  When trying to format
> After pressing return it tells me that the disk is write protected, and
> doesn't allow me to format it.  Has anyone else had this problem?
>

> a save game disk it tells me to insert the disk in df0: and press return.
I had the same problem but it disappeared when I turned df1: OFF...

  * Janne Salmij{rvi * s117986@cc.tut.fi *