[comp.sys.amiga.games] Powermonger help...

mjt@voodoo.UUCP (Jim Tallant) (01/22/91)

In article <91021.04250834ZNYIR@CMUVM.BITNET> 34ZNYIR@CMUVM.BITNET (Jeff Kott) writes:

>     Second, if you are trying to close query boxes and all that happens is
>that new boxes keep popping up, simply click on the Query Icon (question mark)
>again to turn it off.  You will then be able to close all open Query Boxes with
>no problem.  Again, it's a bothersome thing to have to do, but hey, it gets the
> job done.

An even easier way is to simply click on the Query Icon with the right mouse
button.  This removes all the boxes and allows you to keep the query feature
active.

>By the way, how many territories has anyone conquered?  I have only had the
>game for about a week (and been playing on and off between school and work) and
>have managed to get through about 25 territories.  Just looking for how far
>others have gotten.

Your doing better than me.  I've only gotten through about 20 or so territories
so far.  Just can't seem to find time to sit down and get anywhere.  I think
I did see a posting here a while ago with someone claiming to have conquered
the lower right territory.  Didn't claim to have done them all but went
directly for the kill via a diagonal path.

I hate people who can finish games this fast.  At the rate I'm going it will
take me a couple of years to finish.  I'm already starting to have some
trouble with some of the territories I'm coming up on.  Guess it's time to
change tactics, huh?  ;-)

--
Jim Tallant / mjt@voodoo.boeing.com / uunet!bcstec!voodoo!mjt / bogey on!
No battle plan ever survives contact with the enemy - Ancient military maxum -

elf@sumax.seattleu.edu (Elf Sternberg) (01/23/91)

34ZNYIR@CMUVM.BITNET (Jeff Kott) writes:

> By the way, how many territories has anyone conquered?  I have only had the
> game for about a week (and been playing on and off between school and work) a
> have managed to get through about 25 territories.  Just looking for how far
> others have gotten.
>
>                            JEFF KOTT
>                      34ZNYIR@CMUVM.BITNET

        I've gotten through 4.  My roommates on the other hand, have
finished the damn game.  It took only four weeks.  Sheesh.  It took me
two YEARS to finish Populous.

        Oh, and the reason more query boxes open up is because the
program checks for anything under your pointer.  If the close box icon
happens to be in front of a tree, then you close your box, and query the
tree at the same time.  Frustrating, I know.

--
  halcyon!elf@sumax.seattleu.edu (Elf Sternberg)
  elf@halcyon.uucp or elf@halcyon.wa.com