[comp.sys.amiga.games] Pool Of Radiance - HELP ME!

mofo@bucsf.bu.edu (jason greene) (01/23/91)

posting for a friend (clxjffc@buacca):

is there any point in the game that i will need to use the manuals?
specifically any runes from the manual?  i am stuck in the pyramid
and am asked to translate these runes.  also i need the translation for
the front gate into the castle of tyranthraxus.  help!!!

please email replies to:

clxjffc@buacca.bu.edu
--
___________________________________/V\ofo______________________________________
            "Hey! Wooly's gone apeshit, man!" -Dawn Of The Dead

clinth@ashtate (Clint Helton) (01/25/91)

In article <MOFO.91Jan22215019@bucsf.bu.edu> mofo@bucsf.bu.edu (jason greene) writes:
>posting for a friend (clxjffc@buacca):
>
>is there any point in the game that i will need to use the manuals?
>specifically any runes from the manual?  i am stuck in the pyramid
>and am asked to translate these runes.  also i need the translation for
>the front gate into the castle of tyranthraxus.  help!!!
>
>please email replies to:
>
>clxjffc@buacca.bu.edu
>--
>___________________________________/V\ofo______________________________________
>            "Hey! Wooly's gone apeshit, man!" -Dawn Of The Dead
>          mofo@bucsf.bu.edu     1039 Comm Ave #24, Boston, MA 02215
>   Jason Kekoa Greene, Boston Schmoo-niversity. Class of Ninety-something?
>            I'll tell you what my major is when my vacation ends.
>____________________________The Psychic Gorilla________________________________

If you can run the game with out the manuals and code wheel that comes with the
game, then you are running a cracked copy. You are wasting your time, because the code wheel is needed to decode the runes you will find. I have seen a cracked copy and tried playing it. I liked the gaame so much that I went out and bought it. I'm not sorry that I did. It contains and adventures manual where many clues are given (ie Tavern Tale  # X). Without this book you will not make much progress in the game. BTY There is some truth to a poor user interface. It's slow, etc. But the game is great and wo

rth the frustration in dealing with the interface. The followup game Curse of the Azure Bonds has improved on this. It's still flawed, but it's faster and lest frustrating. Also a good game. I'm 2/3's through Curse. You can move the characters you played in Pool to Curse.

lupe@alanya.Sun.COM (Lupe Christoph - Sun Germany Consulting - Munich) (01/25/91)

mofo@bucsf.bu.edu (jason greene) writes:

>posting for a friend (clxjffc@buacca):

>is there any point in the game that i will need to use the manuals?
>specifically any runes from the manual?  i am stuck in the pyramid
>and am asked to translate these runes.  also i need the translation for
>the front gate into the castle of tyranthraxus.  help!!!

That's what you get for pirating a game. You don't even know what you *need*.
The runes are translated with the Translation Wheel, the same you use
to get through the copy protection.

Tell your friend to *buy* the game.

--
| lchristoph@Sun.COM     (Internet)              | 		Disclaimer: |
| ...!unido!sunmuc!lupe  (German EUNet, "bang")  | 	  My employer has a |