[comp.sys.amiga.games] PowerMonger & Sheep

elf@sumax.seattleu.edu (Elf Sternberg) (01/27/91)

IP06106@PORTLAND.BITNET writes:

> Anybody have a clue as to how (or even) if the # of sheep in any
> PowerMonger territory regenerate? Is it tied to the number of sheep
> that there currently are (i.e. can I kill all the sheep I see without it
> affecting sheep population regeneration or not?) Also I've noticed at
> times that sheep have actually "joined" my army (I assume this is because
> I recruited some sheep herders from the townsfolk and they simply bring
> along their sheep for the ride ... does this make sense?)
>
> One other question; is there any "easy" way to grab a catapult (or cannon
> for the matter) from the town's stockpile WITHOUT also taking some of their
> ploughs & boats? I can get around this via shuffling the goods between 2
> towns but that's a time consuming pain in the neck!
>
> +-- Graham Kinsey  IP06106@Portland.CAPS.Maine.edu  P/Link: G KINSEY --+
> |      (Warning: Hard Hat area ... .sig under construction)            |
> +--                                                                  --+

        Have you ever noticed stealth sheep?  Ones that hide behind the
dead bodies of other sheep?  How about mining sheep?  When you have
shepherds in your army, and you send them to make swords, the sheep go
with the army into the mines!  Have you ever seen a guy f*cking a sheep,
and when you queried the pair all it said was "This is a DEAD sheep?"  I
have.
        And, while we're here, don't bother shuffling back and forth.
Just drop and re-arm in the same town.  Your army will drop everything
that isn't necessary to war.  And boats don't slow you down all that
much.  It's much more worth it to keep them.
        While we're here... Each boat will hold one man, one weapon, and
an infinite number of sheep.  Except the captain's boat.  When you call
'CAMP' in the water, everyone gets into the captain's boat.  Sheep,
weapons, seige guns, and all.
        Remember to rotate your world!  Mines are often hidden behind
towns.
        Elf!