[comp.sys.amiga.games] CSB Where is the Firestaff

a481@mindlink.UUCP (J.D. Frazer) (01/15/91)

What's more, the cheats to get at the firestaff doesn't seem to work. I tried
several variations to no avail.

Anyone managed to get the LORD LIBRASALUS cheat to work okay?
--
=================================+================================
 J.D. Frazer  a481mindlink.UUCP  | Q. How do you make a blonde's

michael@gem.stack.urc.tue.nl (Michael Brouwer) (01/16/91)

I have been reading some postings on comp.sys.amiga.games and became very
frustrated when people kept talking about the Firestaff. In the following
text the answer to all questions concerning the whereabouts of the
wondrous Firestaff are answered

--- spoiler follows ---
^L

The location of the Firestaff is... is... is...  nowhere!

It doesn't exist anymore!

RTFM!

I quote from the Chaos Strikes Back manual I got with my original of the game:

(Page 9 second paragraph)

                         "Would that I hadn't destroyed the
                  Firestaff," the Grey Lord said regretfully. "I
                  thought it was too powerful to keep, so that
                  means of defeating him is no longer availible
                  to you."

By the way, this quotation is

Copyrighted 1989 by Software Heaven, Inc. San Diego, California.

Michael Brouwer.

|                                                                              |
|           Don't ask questions you already know the answer to...              |
|______________________________________________________________________________|

cs170703644@vger.nsu.edu (01/17/91)

In article <4461@mindlink.UUCP>, a481@mindlink.UUCP (J.D. Frazer) writes:

> Anyone managed to get the LORD LIBRASALUS cheat to work okay?
> --

    Funny you should ask.  I tried the Lord Librasulus cheat, and could see
no immediate result.  Upon thinking about it, though, I have to admit that
NONE of my people have died since I tried it, in spite of numerous attacks,
falls though pits, and running totally out of water.  They DO take damage,
but the potions and spells fix them right up again.

Does this count?

Or is the cheat supposed to make them totally invincible?

Jean

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
| werjun@large              | The probability of someone's watching |
+ cs170703644@vger.nsu.edu  +  you is directly proportional to the  +
|                           |       stupidty of your actions.       |
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

me@dude.pcs.com (Michael Elbel) (01/25/91)

> In article <4461@mindlink.UUCP>, a481@mindlink.UUCP (J.D. Frazer) writes:
> >
> > Anyone managed to get the LORD LIBRASALUS cheat to work okay?
> > --

Excuse my ignorance, but what is the LORD LIBRASALUS cheat anyway?

Michael
--
Michael Elbel 			|  Wollen haetten wir schon moegen
PCS GmbH, Muenchen, Germany	|  aber duerfen haben wir uns nicht getraut.

Stewart.Mckinnon@p0.f178.n221.z1.fidonet.org (Stewart Mckinnon) (01/27/91)

This is a cheat to use on CHAOS STRIKES BACK....and it DOESN'T WORK!
I tried it numerous times with different spellings and different
spells....for ONE thing, you CAN'T cast a 6666 spell! (MON ZO GOR
SAR) and anyway, who the hell cares? The game would be no fun at all
if your characters were invincible!! This is the whole point of the
game! The playability!

--
Stewart Mckinnon - via FidoNet node 1:221/171
UUCP    : watmath!xenitec!zswamp!178.0!Stewart.Mckinnon