[comp.sys.amiga.games] How do we change the scheduler?

Please... if you have to post to inappropriate groups at least direct followups
somewhere better?

In article <1991Jan23.094943.9336@marlin.jcu.edu.au> glmwc@marlin.jcu.edu.au (Matt Crowd) writes:
> Rubbish! The OS steals around 100k, depending
> on how many devices are attached, buffers etc.  It is VERY tight getting
> a game to fit in 512k!  You usually have to page stuff off the
> disk...

Then you've probably written too much code.

(god, once upon a time people actually write some fairly impressive programs
 on the Apple-II with only 48K available, and much of that taken up in the
 hi-res screen... how quickly we become spoiled)

Let me just say that I *will* buy games that are less than balls-to-the-wall
so long as they will run nicely. *AND* playability is given priority.

> Yep. And you need lots of that nowdays.

Yep. Gotta keep people from noticing that some clone of "Galaxians" is almost
unplayable for anyone over 15.

Oh well, at least this did force me to keep my 1000 when I got my 3000. Got too
many badly behaved games to think of getting rid of it, and it *has* come in
handy. :-<
--
Peter da Silva.   `-_-'
<peter@sugar.hackercorp.com>.