[comp.sys.amiga.games] MechForce still supported?

bpv9073@sjfc.UUCP (Brett VanSprewenburg) (01/19/91)

[I shot the line eater]

  So is this awesome game still supported by the author (Mr. Reed)?
Is anything available on his suggested BBS for this game/simulator?
What willl my shareware fee get me now?

The reasons I ask such question is that I seem to remember Mr. Reed
being in some kind of legal trouble over his game. Is this true?

==Brett      ...uupsi!cci632!sjfc!bpv9073

bard@jessica.stanford.edu (David Hopper) (01/20/91)

In article <1200@sjfc.UUCP> bpv9073@sjfc.UUCP (Brett VanSprewenburg) writes:
>[I shot the line eater]
>
>  So is this awesome game still supported by the author (Mr. Reed)?
>Is anything available on his suggested BBS for this game/simulator?
>What willl my shareware fee get me now?

I just registered last week.  Sent me the disk rather promptly.

>The reasons I ask such question is that I seem to remember Mr. Reed
>being in some kind of legal trouble over his game. Is this true?

He was, as far as I know, but in his registration response he says "Next is
the commercial version of MechForce.  It will have all of the new mechs and
weapons, world sized maps and multi-combat campaignes.  Look for it in the
second half of next year."  This game is already amazing.  I can't imagine
a commercial version.

>==Brett      ...uupsi!cci632!sjfc!bpv9073

Dave Hopper      |      ///  Yesterday, CS.           | Academic Info Resources
                 | __  ///    Today, Anthropology.    | Mac & UNIX Sys-Support
bard@jessica.    | \\\///                             | "Somebody get me a job
   Stanford.EDU  |  \XX/ Tomorrow: napping in gutters.| with a computer I LIKE"

saint@alessia.dei.unipd.it (Gian Uberto Lauri 228495) (01/28/91)

From article <1991Jan19.235900.29881@portia.Stanford.EDU>, by bard@jessica.stanford.edu (David Hopper):
> I just registered last week.  Sent me the disk rather promptly.

How can I register ?

                                                              ,
/___/\_|_|\_|__|__/__ Gian Uberto "Rambo" Lauri    /    | \MM `       /| |
  //--\| | \|  |    / saint@alessia.dei.unipd.it /<____/|  \_________/-+-|
I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that            O               o