[net.travel] EPCOT- monrail fire

lws@hou2d.UUCP (lwsamocha) (02/25/86)

*
>From the keys of Steve Henning, AT&T Bell Labs, Reading, PA mhuxl!smh
>One caution, they had the monorail fire while we were
>there.  The people in the monorail had to climb onto the roof of the
>monorail to escape the fire.  They were on the roof of the monorail cars
>for 30 minutes before the firemen got them down.

>Disney Corp. is
>great at avoiding bad publicity so it didn't hit too many papers but it
>was scary.

HUH?
Please expand on this. I do not remember reading or hearing
anything about a fire at Disneyworld.
I guess their PR people must really be good at putting a lid
on this kind of thing afterall!

LWS
hou2d!lws
*

oyster@uwmacc.UUCP (Vicious Oyster) (02/27/86)

In article <894@hou2d.UUCP> lws@hou2d.UUCP (lwsamocha) writes:
>>From the keys of Steve Henning, AT&T Bell Labs, Reading, PA mhuxl!smh
>>One caution, they had the monorail fire while we were there.
>>Disney Corp. is
>>great at avoiding bad publicity so it didn't hit too many papers but it
>>was scary.
>
>HUH?
>Please expand on this. I do not remember reading or hearing
>anything about a fire at Disneyworld.
>I guess their PR people must really be good at putting a lid
>on this kind of thing afterall!

   I worked at a large amusement park many years ago, and you can be assured
that they take great measures to keep any negative publicity (which would
impact gate receipts, and hence profit) scarce.  Disney, Inc., with their
many years in the business, is probably very good at this.

 - Joel ({allegra,ihnp4,seismo}!uwvax!uwmacc!oyster)