[comp.sys.amiga.games] Powermonger on A3000 vs. 1000/500/2000

emcphers@FOX.CS.VT.EDU (Frank McPherson) (02/01/91)

Question: Is powermonger faster at the slowest speed on an Amiga 3000 than on
an amiga 1000/500/2000?  I've been toying around with it on my 3000UX for a
while now, and am finding it to be extremely difficult, even at the slowest
speed.

Thanks,
-- Frank McPherson     INTERNET: emcphers@fox.cs.vt.edu --

nad@tegra.COM (Nancy Durgin) (02/02/91)

In article <9101312209.AA05623@fox.cs.vt.edu> emcphers@FOX.CS.VT.EDU (Frank McPherson) writes:
>Question: Is powermonger faster at the slowest speed on an Amiga 3000 than on
>an amiga 1000/500/2000?  I've been toying around with it on my 3000UX for a
>while now, and am finding it to be extremely difficult, even at the slowest
>speed.
>
>Thanks,
>-- Frank McPherson     INTERNET: emcphers@fox.cs.vt.edu --

Powermonger definitely runs faster on the A3000.  I have an A2000 and a
25Mhz A3000, and I ran the program side-by-side on the two machines.  The
A3000 was about twice as fast.  I personally felt this made it unplayable,
so I've been playing it on the 2000.

This, combined with the wacky floppy disk access problems makes me think
they ought to get some better programmers to implement their great game
ideas, as the ones they used are at best lazy, and at worst idiots.

	Nancy

Nancy Durgin          | (Usual disclaimers | Tegra-Varityper, Inc.
uunet!tegra!nad       | apply...)          | Billerica, Massachusetts