[comp.sys.amiga.games] Why do I play this stupid

kuento@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (02/02/91)

In article <565.27a6fa8f@vger.nsu.edu>, cs170703644@vger.nsu.edu) ((Werjun), Norfolk State University) writes:
> I have another DMII question.  Maybe more than one, who knows?
>
> I have found a room where there are fireballs flying around, gold scorpions
> abound, and there is a green button to push.  I could not see what the green
> button did, if anything.  So I pushed it again.  And when I did, it became
> a green gem that came off into my hand.  Is this good for anything?

Take it back to the room just inside the first gate. You'll see what
it's good for then. After that, go back to where you got it...and
something *else* will happen.

> I have been all over what I think are hte first two levels, and picked up
> everything I can find that looks useful.  To the best of my knowledge, there
> are no more secret rooms, invisible walls, etc.  I cannot get into Death Row,
> and cannot find my way to the DDD again.  I 'm getting very disgusted.

Use the Green Gem. You are *very* close to the DDD now. You should
also know that YOU ARE *IN* DEATH ROW! That sign near the other door
is meant to be read when you come *out* that door - after falling in
a pit. There's nothing in there but hassles.

> I am even to the point where I let my guys fall into pits, just so we can have
> some fun killing worms and eating the remains.
>
> Any suggestions?  I am about to give up, because I don't seem to be making
> any progress whatsoever.  I can't even find the Cistern again.....

Don't give up - you're *so* close to finding the ultimate food supply!
You're on the ROS path, and the Cistern is on the Dain path, so it
won't be particularly easy to return to it. Hang in there!

> Jean
-------(please include "DY" in subj header of mail to this user)--------
Doug "Speaker-To-Insects" Yanega      "UT!"       Bitnet: KUENTO@UKANVAX
My card: 0 The Fool       (Snow Museum, Univ. of KS, Lawrence, KS 66045)
"Bobby, jiggle Grandpa's rat so it looks alive."   "Roota! Voota! ZOOT!"