[comp.sys.amiga.games] 4-PLAYER adapter games

maupr@warwick.ac.uk (Leigh Warren) (01/21/91)

In article <1991Jan20.230849.15642@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> jhc00614@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (J Chung) writes:

>     I have a 4 player adapter I bought last year.  I know of 3 games that
>use it so far, of which of I have two:  Gauntlet II and International Soccer.
>(the other being Leatherneck).
>     Does anybody know of anyother games that I should look out for that
>use the 4 player adapter.

Projectyle by EA uses the adaptor for 3-player games,

                        Leigh..
                        (maupr@uk.ac.warwick.cu)

t22918@iti.org) (Matt Ranney O;_) (01/22/91)

I have Cinemaware's TV Sports: Basketball which uses the 4 player adapter you
mentioned, and it's the best game I've ever played on the Amiga.  I mean, I've seen better graphics and sound on other games, but having 4 players at the same
time either as a team or against eachother just plain rules.  I don't buy to
many games for my computer, but this is one that I would highly recommend.

scottb@disdom.UUCP (Scott Barcik) (01/22/91)

    Could someone please mail me an address of somewhere that carries the
4 player adapter?  (I've missed about a week of this newsgroup due to site
problems...)  Oh, and a cost would be nice, too. :-)

WWIV-Net: 3@5309			  |  // "You have a what? Oh, that.
InterNet: scottb@disdom.UUCP		  |\X/	 Amiga emulates them, too. "
USENET	: ....!uunet!glacier!disdom!scottb|	     ---Scott Barcik---

baggins@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au (Bill Segall) (01/30/91)

In <scottb.3586@disdom.UUCP> scottb@disdom.UUCP (Scott Barcik) writes:

>    Could someone please mail me an address of somewhere that carries the
>4 player adapter?  (I've missed about a week of this newsgroup due to site
>problems...)  Oh, and a cost would be nice, too. :-)

You can make one for about $25. Here is all you need to know.
Bill.
Joystick_1

Color	| Parallel | Joystick
---------------------------------------
Purple	| 2	   | 1	FORWARD*
White	| 3	   | 2  BACK*
Grey	| 4	   | 3	LEFT*
Yellow	| 5	   | 4	RIGHT*
Red	| 13	   | 6	FIRE*
Black	| 19	   | 8	GND

Joystick_2

Color	| Parallel | Joystick
---------------------------------------
Purple	| 6	   | 1
White	| 7	   | 2
Grey	| 8	   | 3
Yellow	| 9	   | 4
Red	| 11	   | 6
Black	| 18	   | 8

Joystick Normal
1 - FORWARD*
2 - BACK*
3 - LEFT*
4 - RIGHT*
6 - FIRE*
8 - GND

Parallel Normal
2 - D0
3 - D1
4 - D2
5 - D3
6 - D4
7 - D5
8 - D6
9 - D7
11 - BUSY
13 - SEL
18 - GND (SIGNAL)
19 - GND (SIGNAL)

jhc00614@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (J Chung) (02/02/91)

     I'm sure he can make an excellent adaptor for $25.  The thing is, he can
buy a perfectly good one for $13.
                                           Later,
                                           Jason
:wq