[comp.sys.amiga.games] Globulous Demo ???

aoe@hpfcso.HP.COM (Alexander Elkins) (01/30/91)

From FILES.Z as of Fri  25-Jan-91 from ab20.larc.nasa.gov:

Sun  13-Jan-91  12:00:12  535  incoming/amiga/DEMOS/gamedemos/GlobulousDemo.txt

The file reads:
This is a fully playable demo of the arcade game Globulous
from InnerPrise Software. The difference between this demo
and the commercial version is that the demo doesnt include
all the levels the commercial version does.

Globulous is a lot like the game Q*bert with a little PacMan
thrown in. This demo requires a joystick to play. The demo
runs on a Amiga 3000 with KickStart 36.207 and WorkBench
36.69 under AmigaDos 2.0. When uncompressed , this demo
has the name GlobulousNTSCDemo so it might not run on PAL
machines.
Ok, nice.  But where do I find GlobulousDemo.(lzh|lhw|zoo|whatever) ?
I don't see it on ab20.larc.nasa.gov!

 - Alexander Elkins (aoe@hpfiaoe.fc.hp.com)

kyp@stsci.EDU (Mark Kyprianou) (01/31/91)

> This is a fully playable demo of the arcade game Globulous
> from InnerPrise Software. The difference between this demo
> and the commercial version is that the demo doesnt include
> all the levels the commercial version does.
>
> Globulous is a lot like the game Q*bert with a little PacMan
> thrown in. This demo requires a joystick to play. The demo
> runs on a Amiga 3000 with KickStart 36.207 and WorkBench
> 36.69 under AmigaDos 2.0. When uncompressed , this demo
> has the name GlobulousNTSCDemo so it might not run on PAL
> machines.
Does it run on AmigaDos 1.3 or only AmigaDos 2.0?
--
                      Space Telescope Science Institute, Baltimore, MD 21218
        Mark          ARPA: kyp@stsci.edu  BITNET: kyp@stsci  SPAN: STOSC::kyp

lrg7030@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Loren J. Rittle) (01/31/91)

> Does it run on AmigaDos 1.3 or only AmigaDos 2.0?
Well, the demo work fine under 1.3 and 2.0 on an '030
machine.  But, the game does not.  I bought the game,
brought it home and booted it up - it crashed right
at the CP check.  Same with turrican, the demos (I and II)
work great, but the games (I at least) crashes right at the
CP check.  Well, all I can say is both these comanies lost
a sale to me.
--
``In short, this is the absolute coolest computer device ever invented!''
                   -Tom Denbo speaking about The VideoToaster by NewTek

cseaman@sequent.UUCP (Chris "The Bartman" Seaman) (02/03/91)

kyp@stsci.EDU (Mark Kyprianou) writes:
< > This is a fully playable demo of the arcade game Globulous...
< >
< > Globulous is a lot like the game Q*bert with a little PacMan
< > thrown in. This demo requires a joystick to play. The demo
< > runs on a Amiga 3000 with KickStart 36.207 and WorkBench
< > 36.69 under AmigaDos 2.0. When uncompressed , this demo
< > has the name GlobulousNTSCDemo so it might not run on PAL
< > machines.
< Does it run on AmigaDos 1.3 or only AmigaDos 2.0?

The demo does indeed run on 1.3, as well as accelerated
Amigas.  After trying the demo, I found the game on
sale at Software Etc for $14.98, so I picked it up.  While
the GAME runs on any platform, the COPY PROTECTION doesn't.
I have to boot in 68000 mode.  Hopefully, Project D will
fix this problem.  Anyone know?

BTW, in another article someone stated that Globulus and
Turrican (the full versions, not the demos) failed to run
under 1.3.  This is not true.  The copy protection chokes
on non-68000 processors, but there are no OS related
problems that I have encountered with either game.

Regards,
Chris

--
Chris (Insert phrase here) Seaman |    /--\
cseaman@gateway.sequent.com <or>  |   |    |         "This is as real as