[comp.sys.amiga.games] MECHFORCE

ztsindi@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu (Bill Gant) (01/09/91)

Posted for Clayton J. Miner...Text to Follow
 | Todd G Vaarwerk      | Bitnet:   ZTSINDI@UBVMS                |
 | State University of  | Internet: ZTSINDI@UBVMS.CC.BUFFALO.EDU |
 |  New York at Buffalo |           VAARWERK@ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU    |
 | Disclaimer: Believe what you want .. I trashed all my views of|
 |             reality ages ago  d8-)                            |

In article <8mocV2w164w@halcyon.uucp>, halcyon!elf@sumax.seattleu.edu (Elf Sternberg) writes...

> I find myself playing Ralph Reed's MechForce, which was half price, sold only
> throught BBS's and Mail Order, and has provided literally hundreds (if not
> thousands) of hours of entertainment to myself and my three roommates.  Why
> doesn't Reed sell public?

     Unfortunately for all of us who enjoy BattleForce/MechForce and BattleFort
Ralph ran afoul of FASA and Activision.  It seems that Activision does not want
his material to become available to the Amiga community despite their
(Activision's) refusal to release MechWarrior for the Amiga.  After seeing the
programme in action, I can see WHY they refused to make it available to the
Amiga community.  Pretty sad.  It seems, in my conversations with him, that
Activision had dreams of becoming the one, the only, the official computer
supplier of BattleTech to the world.  Too bad that they bobbled it so badly.

     Where this REALLY hurts us is that in future versions of the game, Ralph
had planned on many new things such as cities, aircraft, and all of that.  In
short, he was planning on recreating the entirety of the board game universe
for the Amiga.  I may not be a smart 'droid pilot, but that was something I was
really looking forward to.  BTW, do you have the shareware version?  If not,
you are definately missing out.  Having the Factory and Warrior generation
routines make the game all the better, which is hard to comprehend given how
good the basic game itself is.

 |                Clayton J. Miner - Reality Engineer                  |
 +-------------------------+-------------------------------------------+
 | SysOp - Known World BBS | Bitnet:   ZTSINDI@UBVMS                   |
 | (716)-883-3083 300-2400 | Internet: ZTSINDI@UBVMS.CC.BUFFALO.EDU    |
 +-------------------------+-------------------------------------------+
 |   The views of this post are not those of the host organization.    |

andrews@ddmail.dec.com (Rob Andrews) (01/12/91)

>     Unfortunately for all of us who enjoy BattleForce/MechForce and BattleFort
>Ralph ran afoul of FASA and Activision.  It seems that Activision does not want
>his material to become available to the Amiga community despite their
>(Activision's) refusal to release MechWarrior for the Amiga.  After seeing the

I logged on to the bbs that Ralph supports the game from, and he said that he
had recently signed some sort of contract with FASA to produce some kind of
MF/BF game probably due out this summer.

			Rob

hastoerm@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Moriland) (01/12/91)

In article <659@ub.d.umn.edu> bgrave@ub.d.umn.edu (Brian Grave) writes:
>I don't suppose anyone knows if MechForce or any of the others are
>available for the AtariST...

As far as I know, Mechforce and the lot are Amiga only. Pity too as
they are an awful lot of fun to play. Thats okay though, you guys got
a game on the ST I wouldn't mind seeing on the Amiga. Lords of
Conquest. I've been trying to get a decent ST emulator for just that
ONE game. It was a game worth keeping your Commodore 64 for.

				-Moriland

--
| hastoerm@vela.acs.oakland.edu |    __                                |
|                               | __/// Viva Amiga!                    |

yorkw@stable.ecn.purdue.edu (Willis F York) (01/12/91)

hastoerm@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Moriland) writes:
>As far as I know, Mechforce and the lot are Amiga only. Pity too as
>they are an awful lot of fun to play. Thats okay though, you guys got
>a game on the ST I wouldn't mind seeing on the Amiga.
 Lords of Conquest. I've been trying to get a decent ST emulator for just that
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>ONE game. It was a game worth keeping your Commodore 64 for.

I know some guys that'd KILL to get that game on the amiga..
Lets writs (SSI?) and ask them to port it? I mean it's on the ST.
How can it be to port it... remove all the

Move(Sr,A) instructions.... (A Joke.. Perhaps not...)
C-ya.

>				-Moriland

>--
>| hastoerm@vela.acs.oakland.edu |    __                                |
>|                               | __/// Viva Amiga!                    |
>| Founder Of: Evil Young        | \XX/                                 |
>| Mutants For A Better Tomorrow |       "Single Tasking: JUST SAY NO!" |
--
yorkw@ecn.purdue.edu  Willis F York
Macintosh... Proof that a Person can use a Computer all day and still

amiga-relay@ee.udel.edu (01/19/91)

From: "Jim Karczewski, Programmer -- TTR Development, Inc." <JK829055@pucal.bitnet>

        Mechforce is still being supported.. Except that Ralph is working
on the commercial version of it now.  The shareware version will be about 1/10
of what the commercial version will include... It may be out around the
end of this year.  And it will be produced by TTR Development... ( I wonder
why??? Maybe because Ralph is the VP!!!)

BTW, You can get support files for MECHFORCE From the TTR Development Support
BBS at (608)277-8072

           Jim Karczewski -- Programmer -- TTR Development, Inc.

BIX: ttrdevelopment -BITNET: JK829055@PUCAL -UUCP: inet!PUCAL.BITNET!JK829055
               INTERNET: JK829055%PUCAL.BITNET@UICVM.UIC.EDU

        "I Refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person"

hychejw@infonode.ingr.com (Jeff W. Hyche) (01/25/91)

In article <42156@nigel.ee.udel.edu> amiga-relay@ee.udel.edu writes:
>From: "Jim Karczewski, Programmer -- TTR Development, Inc." <JK829055@pucal.bitnet>
>

>        Mechforce is still being supported.. Except that Ralph is working
>on the commercial version of it now.  The shareware version will be about 1/10
>of what the commercial version will include... It may be out around the
>end of this year.  And it will be produced by TTR Development... ( I wonder
>why??? Maybe because Ralph is the VP!!!)
>
>BTW, You can get support files for MECHFORCE From the TTR Development Support
>BBS at (608)277-8072

	While were on the subject of MechForce.  Anybody like wanna do a
mech swap trough mail.  I'll send you mine if you will send my yours.

--
                               // Jeff Hyche
                           \\ //  Usenet: hychejw@infonode.ingr.com

sphaak@vela.acs.oakland.edu (sphaak) (01/25/91)

In article <1991Jan24.182454.11297@infonode.ingr.com> hychejw@infonode.ingr.com (Jeff W. Hyche) writes:
>In article <42156@nigel.ee.udel.edu> amiga-relay@ee.udel.edu writes:
>>From: "Jim Karczewski, Programmer -- TTR Development, Inc." <JK829055@pucal.bitnet>
>>

>>        Mechforce is still being supported.. Except that Ralph is working
>>on the commercial version of it now.

MAYBE Ralp Reed is in the Middle East for Bush??

It's probably rather difficult to write programs while Iraqi SCUDS are
buzzing overhead!  ;-)

sphaak
Oakland U

elf@sumax.seattleu.edu (Elf Sternberg) (01/25/91)

hychejw@infonode.ingr.com (Jeff W. Hyche) writes:
> 	While were on the subject of MechForce.  Anybody like wanna do a
> mech swap trough mail.  I'll send you mine if you will send my yours.
>                                // Jeff Hyche
>                            \\ //  Usenet: hychejw@infonode.ingr.com
>                             \X/   GEnie: J.HYCHE

        Hell, why don't you call the Hobbit Hole at 904-243-6219 and get
every one of Ralph's files?  They're still available.  I'd also like to
point out that people with MechForce tend to make LOTS of Mechs.  I've
got two Amiga (2000 & 500) and about ten friends regularily visit to
play.  Between us we've developed over 900 Mechs, including a mech I
guarantee cannot be beat in it's weight class (25 tons), and 40 ton mechs
have trouble defeating it.  The SDC Whizzer, which moves once every 5
seconds!

_________________________________________________sig 19________________
Elf Sternberg      | Percentage by which Nazi memoribilia appreciates
elf@halcyon.wa.com | every year:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|                       20%

xrtnt@amarna.gsfc.nasa.gov (Nigel Tzeng) (01/29/91)

In article <L6oBw2w164w@halcyon.uucp>, halcyon!elf@sumax.seattleu.edu (Elf Sternberg) writes...
^
^        Hell, why don't you call the Hobbit Hole at 904-243-6219 and get
^every one of Ralph's files?  They're still available.  I'd also like to
^point out that people with MechForce tend to make LOTS of Mechs.  I've
^got two Amiga (2000 & 500) and about ten friends regularily visit to
^play.  Between us we've developed over 900 Mechs, including a mech I
^guarantee cannot be beat in it's weight class (25 tons), and 40 ton mechs
^have trouble defeating it.  The SDC Whizzer, which moves once every 5
^seconds!
^
^_________________________________________________sig 19________________
^Elf Sternberg      | Percentage by which Nazi memoribilia appreciates
^elf@halcyon.wa.com | every year:
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|                       20%
^                   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What is the current version of Mechforce?  Is there a head to head version of
Mechforce?  Computer play leaves something to be desired and increasing the
difficulty sometimes doesn't cut it as more weapons mostly just means more
chances that a large weapon will score head hits.  No smart play on the part of
the human can offset that...except withdrawing ;-).

A GM module would be nice to have since any modereate GM that I do is something
of a pain...I have to use Zap and edit the data files...

NT

BTW:  We have a nice 75 ton mech that can kill any other single opponent in two
fire sequences.  40 heat sinks, decent armor and the rest flamers.  First fire
round shuts you down.  Next fire round (after reset ;-) the other mech
explodes due to excessive heat.  We've disallowed this mech from play...for
somewhat obvious reasons.  It usually takes only one fire sequence for mechs
with ammo...

   // | Nigel Tzeng - STX Inc - NASA/GSFC COBE/SMEX Project
 \X/  | xrtnt@amarna.gsfc.nasa.gov or xrtnt@vx730.gsfc.nasa.gov

Amiga | Standard Disclaimer Applies:  The opinions expressed are my own.

hinker@acl.lanl.gov (Paul J. Hinker) (01/30/91)

In article <mumble> halcyon!elf@sumax.seattleu.edu (Elf Sternberg) writes:

>	Hell, why don't you call the Hobbit Hole at 904-243-6219 and get
>   every one of Ralph's files?  They're still available.

   I've tried this [calling long distance] but find that those files are
inaccessible to 'non-members' of the Hobbit Hole BBS.  Frankly, I can't
see spending the money for the membership fees AND the long distance phone
charges.

>  I'd also like to point out that people with MechForce tend to make LOTS of
>  Mechs.  I've got two Amiga (2000 & 500) and about ten friends regularily
>  visit to play.  Between us we've developed over 900 Mechs, including a mech
>  I guarantee cannot be beat in it's weight class (25 tons), and 40 ton mechs
>  have trouble defeating it.  The SDC Whizzer, which moves once every 5
>  seconds!

   This sounds like a challenge.  I have a 25 tonner that would most certainly
give your mech a 'run' for its money.  I've noticed that people make lots of
mechs but most of them [This includes you Jeff] make Assault type mechs.  A
friend of mine and I both create lots of mechs but he makes the real monsters
and I like a little more finesse.  My best mechs are 50 tons and less.

   Elf makes a good point in that there must be zillions of mechs out there.
I would be willing [happy] to collect all of them that people have created
and compile them into an archive.  I've already got mechs from three people
[myself, Mark Fickel and Jeff Hyche].  Anyone who sends me mechs would get
the archive of other mechs or I could put the archive up on ab20.larc.nasa.gov
What do you think?

Paul Hinker hinker@acl.lanl.gov    ///  If it works, it's not state-of-the-art
MS B287	    505-665-4531          ///                           --Hansen's Law
Los Alamos National Labs ACL  \\\///    All our stuff is broke
Los Alamos, NM  87545          \XX/                    --Forslund's Corollary

--

yorkw@stable.ecn.purdue.edu (Willis F York) (01/30/91)

>What is the current version of Mechforce?  Is there a head to head version of
>Mechforce?  Computer play leaves something to be desired and increasing the

If ya a "regestered" owner (like me) ya can send $1 to get the latest version.
(I send $3 to get Express mail)

>BTW:  We have a nice 75 ton mech that can kill any other single opponent in two
>fire sequences.  40 heat sinks, decent armor and the rest flamers.  First fire
>round shuts you down.  Next fire round (after reset ;-) the other mech
>explodes due to excessive heat.  We've disallowed this mech from play...for
>somewhat obvious reasons.  It usually takes only one fire sequence for mechs
>with ammo...

Ya Definitially have an OLDER version of the Program.. Ya can't do it anymore.
The heat/damage from a flamer has been reduced.
Small lasers seem to be a better "bargin" now.

OF course Med-lasers are Totally Kick Butt....

THe game definitially needs Gauss Cannons tho... And Savana Masters! :^)

I'm for swaping Mech Files.. But i amigine Posting the "printouts"
from the factory program would be just as easy...
(Ie. No biniaries to piss of other Non-amigoids.)
.

--
yorkw@ecn.purdue.edu  Willis F York
Macintosh... Proof that a Person can use a Computer all day and still
not know ANYTHING about computers.

hinker@acl.lanl.gov (Paul J. Hinker) (01/30/91)

. What is the current version of Mechforce?

   The most current version that I am aware of is 3.71

. BTW:  We have a nice 75 ton mech that can kill any other single opponent in
.     two fire sequences.  40 heat sinks, decent armor and the rest flamers.
.     First fire round shuts you down.  Next fire round (after reset ;-) the
.     other mech explodes due to excessive heat.  We've disallowed this mech
.     from play...for somewhat obvious reasons.  It usually takes only one
.     fire sequence for mechs with ammo...

   A friend of mine did something similar to this awhile back.  It worked okay
for a time but then I figured out that _any_ of my 40 ton mechs could take
this mech out.  All you need is equal or greater speed and a medium laser and
the 'flamer' mech is finished.  You never let him get within the range [3] of
his flamers and you pick him to pieces.

.      // | Nigel Tzeng - STX Inc - NASA/GSFC COBE/SMEX Project
.    \X/  | xrtnt@amarna.gsfc.nasa.gov or xrtnt@vx730.gsfc.nasa.gov
.  	 |

bard@jessica.stanford.edu (David Hopper) (01/30/91)

In article <HINKER.91Jan29124936@cub_2.acl.lanl.gov> hinker@acl.lanl.gov writes:
>. What is the current version of Mechforce?
>
>   The most current version that I am aware of is 3.71

I just registered this month.  My version is 3.79.

>. BTW:  We have a nice 75 ton mech that can kill any other single opponent in
>.     two fire sequences.  40 heat sinks, decent armor and the rest flamers.
>.     First fire round shuts you down.  Next fire round (after reset ;-) the
>.     other mech explodes due to excessive heat.  We've disallowed this mech
>.     from play...for somewhat obvious reasons.  It usually takes only one
>.     fire sequence for mechs with ammo...
>
>   A friend of mine did something similar to this awhile back.  It worked okay
>for a time but then I figured out that _any_ of my 40 ton mechs could take
>this mech out.  All you need is equal or greater speed and a medium laser and
>the 'flamer' mech is finished.  You never let him get within the range [3] of
>his flamers and you pick him to pieces.

The best Mech I ever had was back in the 3.6x days of 'BattleForce'.  It was
called a 'Hoplite'; It killed everything it ever went up against.  Now, I use
a tripped-out Malfedra (max jump jets!).  My Warrior is 28 and 2, and he's
already a Knight (all in the first month).  I don't do so well in Combat,
though, as Assault Mechs are primary targets for the enemy.  It holds its own,
though, especially if I hide behind a mountain until the enemy is within
jumping range.

>.      // | Nigel Tzeng - STX Inc - NASA/GSFC COBE/SMEX Project
>.    \X/  | xrtnt@amarna.gsfc.nasa.gov or xrtnt@vx730.gsfc.nasa.gov

>Paul Hinker hinker@acl.lanl.gov    ///  If it works, it's not state-of-the-art

Dave Hopper      |      ///  Yesterday, CS.           | Academic Info Resources
                 | __  ///    Today, Anthropology.    | Mac & UNIX Sys-Support
bard@jessica.    | \\\///                             | "Somebody get me a job
   Stanford.EDU  |  \XX/ Tomorrow: napping in gutters.| with a computer I LIKE"

maverjj@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Nix) (01/31/91)

I called the Hobbit Hole and found nothing was available.  Where can I get a
copy of a version above 3.71 or any of the support files. Maybe something to make a mech and some players?

elf@sumax.seattleu.edu (Elf Sternberg) (02/01/91)

maverjj@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Nix) writes:

> I called the Hobbit Hole and found nothing was available.  Where can I get a
> copy of a version above 3.71 or any of the support files. Maybe something to

        I was just on Hobbit Hole.  Are you a registered user?  I've got
75 minutes of daily d/l time and unlimted access to Mechforce 3.76 stuff.

        Elf
        elf@halcyon.wa.com

hychejw@infonode.ingr.com (Jeff W. Hyche) (02/02/91)

>> I'd also like to point out that people with MechForce tend to make LOTS of
>> Mechs.  I've got two Amiga (2000 & 500) and about ten friends regularily
>> visit to play.  Between us we've developed over 900 Mechs, including a mech
>> I guarantee cannot be beat in it's weight class (25tons), and 40 ton mechs
>> have trouble defeating it.  The SDC Whizzer,which moves once every 5
>> seconds!

> This sounds like a challenge.  I have a 25 tonner that would mostcertainly
>give your mech a 'run' for its money.  I've noticed that people make lots of
>mechs but most of them [This includes you Jeff] make Assault type mechs.  A
>friend of mine and I both create lots of mechs but he makes the real monsters
>and I like a little more finesse.  My best mechs are 50 tons and less.

	I also like mechs in the 60 to 70 ton range.  I must admit I like
the big iron.  A big Assault mech on a field will definitely make things a
little more interesting.  Place a Assault mech in the hands of a skilled
pilot on and player and there isn't nothing he can't take out.  I guess I
can be called a 'power player', I like big mechs, with big guns.  But a
good mech will be a combination of armor, fire power, speed and
flexibility.  The big weapons are the AutoCannon's, but they weight allot.
They make up for this tuff in the hitting power and the heat cost.  Medium
lasers are nice too, they recycle fast and do nice damage.  I would always
have one on a mech.  Large lasers generate to much heat for me and small
lasers are not worth the trouble.  Instead of a small laser I would
recommend a machine gun instead, just put about 20 shots in it and you
have a small laser with no heat.  LRM are up to you, personally I like the
LRM-10 and 5 packs.  SRMS are no problem, use SRM-2, they generate no heat
when fired.  PPCs, Stay away from these ,unless you just like the sound
they make, they generate far to much heat for me.  Flamers are one of my
favorite weapons, all kinds of things are possible with this weapon.
	Heat sinks are also important, the more heat sinks you have the
faster your rate of fire.  I like to use up as much space as I can spare
for extra heat sinks.  Engine rating is also important.  A big mech with a
little engine us almost useless.  I have found a smaller mech can defeat a
Assault mech with a sluggish engine when the hands of a skilled pilot.
Armor is very important, as a rule always put as much armor as you can get
away with.  Put at least fourteen points on the head, the very best mech
in the world can't be used with dead pilot.  Don't forget the back, put
about 20% as much armor on the back as you put on the front.  Armor is
important but don't over do it.  I have found there is no reason to put
more than 50-60 points of armor in one spot, except maybe the legs if you
do a lot of jumping.  In stained combat cumulative head hits with missiles
are likely to destroy the head faster that weapon can penetrate the other
areas, but thought heavy weapon fire can change this.  Jump jets.  Jump
jets are very important, always have jumpjetts on a mech.
	The equation for mech design is {armor + mobility + firepower +
skill} * good ground.  Also team work is included in multimech combat.  As
a rule the best place to be is the high ground.  That's why I say to
always have jumpjetts.  The faster a mech can get and take high ground the
better his chances of winning are.  When you take high ground you must be
able to hold it too.  Keep sufficient fire power around to do so.  A good
mech to place on high ground is one with long range fire power.  I
designed just such a mech, all it has was long range missiles and a ppc (I
like the sound).  The big iron would tear trough the enemy forces and he
would lob missile into the fray at down mechs with holes in there armor.
A mech like this can do massive damage to a mech without armor in one
round, mine could place 70 missiles in the air effectively ripping a
target apart.  Time your weapons to fire with you heat, a hundred points
of heat can mean the difference between a hit an a miss.  Balance is the
word here, keep a mech balanced.

> Elf makes a good point in that there must be zillions of mechs out there.
>I would be willing [happy] to collect all of them that people save created
>and compile them into an archive.  I've already got mechs from three people
>[myself, Mark Fickel and Jeff Hyche].  Anyone who sends me mechs would get
>the archive of other mechs or I could put the archive up on ab20.larc.nasa.gov
>What do you think?

	An archive is a good ideal.  I love to get a hold of new mechs to
check you designs and improve my own.  Let me know when you get the
archive started and if I can help let me know.

--

hastoerm@vela.acs.oakland.edu (Moriland) (02/03/91)

In article <35.27AACFB2@halluc.FIDONET.ORG> rlawrence@halluc.FIDONET.ORG (Richard Lawrence) writes:
:-> have a small laser with no heat.  LRM are up to you, personally I
:-> like the LRM-10 and 5 packs.  SRMS are no problem, use SRM-2, they
:-> generate no heat when fired.  PPCs, Stay away from these ,unless you
:-> just like the sound they make, they generate far to much heat for me.
:-> Flamers are one of my favorite weapons, all kinds of things are
:-> possible with this weapon.
:
:They last time I played Mechforce, I got disgusted and gave up on it
:because of LRM's. The reason was that (on the version I had) LRM's NEVER
:MADE A CRITICAL HIT, until the opponent was severely damaged already.
:This gives a totally unfair advantage to smaller Mechs, because only the
:big boys can carry around LRM 20's, and if you have them you can just
:sit back and pound little guys from across the board and pick them off
:(in the real BattleTech game).
:  I play BattleTech the board game all the time and I thought I'd love
:Mechforce, but his feature just ruined it for me. It destroys the
:tactical advantage of large tonnage machines. That, and the fact that
:movement was handled on a pseudo-real time basis, when the rules were
:specifically structured for turned movement. This means you can't use
:the "in and out" attack with small/fast mechs, or the "hang and run in"
:at the least.
:  I'd be happy to here if something has been done about either of these
:issues. Is this the case?
:-Rich

I am just the opposite of you. I HATE the boardgame and how it does
things and I love MechForce on the Amiga. The very first time I ever
played the Boardgame I sat down and spent an hour designing a mech and
the VERY FIRST MOVE OF THE GAME I GOT MY HEAD SHOT OFF. I never even
got to MOVE. I have only played the board game once or twice since
then.

I much prefer the pseudo-time method presented in MechForce and would
stop playing it if it changed. As for now criticals from LRMs, I've
gotten crits from them lots of times on smaller mechs. Doesn't seem to
be a problem for me.

				--Moriland

--
| hastoerm@vela.acs.oakland.edu |    __                                |
|                               | __/// Viva Amiga!                    |
| Founder Of: Evil Young        | \XX/                                 |
| Mutants For A Better Tomorrow |       "Single Tasking: JUST SAY NO!" |

kanta@sapphire.idbsu.edu (cs12501- Jay A Kanta) (02/04/91)

I've been playing at Ralph's MechForce since it first came out, and it has
never ceased to amaze me.  I love the graphics and stuff, but some of it does
leave much to be desired, like no drop ships, and the same terrains almost all
the time.

Well, about two weeks ago, I saw this article in the local 'newspaper' as they call it, and found an article about BattleTech.  It was basically a huge video
game with multiple terminals the size of like the sit down Star Wars games at
the local video game place.  3-D graphics and stuff.  Big screen and I believe
a full body suit.  Looks really cool, but cost mega-bucks.  Has anyone seen
this?  I believe it was in Texas or somewhere.

There is also a movie coming out about BattleTech.  Its called Tech Jocks or
something like that.  Looks like they really put a lot of money into it
(Sarcasm).  If anyone has seen this movie, wanna give the rest of us a hint and
tell us how bad (or good) it was?

*****Jay Kanta, local leader of the Goblin clan.            *****
*****Yo-yo:  Something occasionally up, but normally down.. *****
*****                      see also 'Computer'              *****
*****Oh, and by the way, I'm located at BSU in potato hell  *****
*****Boise, Idaho.                                          *****

n368bq@tamuts.tamu.edu (Raoul Rodriguez) (02/04/91)

The movie about Battle Tech was called "Robot Jox", do not, REPEAT DO NOT
see this movie (if it is even still playing), it is REAL bad... they needed
about and hour more of fighting and an hour less of people...

And the Battle Tech center (with the networked amigas) is in Chicago, but
I fear that it is going to go the same way as "Photon".... (which is
out of business) for many for the same reasons... mainly the repair costs
after a day of abuse...

Raoul "My 500 Has a Detachable Keyboard" Rodriguez
n368bq@tamuts.tamu.edu
Standard Disclaimers Apply (Within)
.

d87-khd@sm.luth.se (Karl-Gunnar Hultland) (02/05/91)

Does Ralph H Reed have access to the net?

I have some trouble getting Mechforce 3.71 to
run on my 3000, and if gives out LOTS OF enforcer hits.

				Karl

ps I thought of calling the Hobbithole bbs, but
for me it's cheaper with a call to my school.

--                 //
                  //
         // \\   //
  // \\ //   \\ //    Karl Hultland,(d87-khd@sm.luth.se)
\X/   \X/     \X/     University of Lulea,Sweden
500   2000    3000

I have called this principle, by which each slight variation,
if useful, is preserved, by the term of Natural Selection. /C. Darwin

saint@alessia.dei.unipd.it (Gian Uberto Lauri 228495) (02/06/91)

1) I hope the new release willalso include the 3050 readout
improvements to 'Mechs, like XL motors, Endo Steel chassis, ferro
fiborus armour, Clan OmniMech, new missile system (warheads & homing) etc...

2) I wish to have at least the last shareware release. Please help me!.

I can e-mail further details about the 3050 readout.

The 70 tons should have *big* problems with clan mechs and long range
weapons equipped speedy Mechs, expecially those including recovered
Star Legague technology.
                                                              ,
 /\           ___  /\                                 -====-xx+         __
/___/\_|_|\_|__|__/__ Gian Uberto "Rambo" Lauri    /    | \MM `       /| |
  //--\| | \|  |    / saint@alessia.dei.unipd.it /<____/|  \_________/-+-|
What weights 90 tons and runs 100km/h ? I don't       O               o
know, but I'm getting out of there.
		A MechWarrior joke about Clan's Gladiator.

mwalter@theborg.mlb.fl.us (Mark Walter) (02/07/91)

What ever happend to fortresses?  Why were they taken out?  I think it would
be neat to have a fortress factory so that you could build fortresses to fight
mechs.  Is the author of Battleforce on this network?

                        M. Walter