[comp.sys.amiga.games] The Immortal

a481@mindlink.UUCP (J.D. Frazer) (10/18/90)

> visconti@limpet.cis.ohio-state.edu writes:
>
>    I just bought The Immortal and I am stuck already.  Does anyone know
> what pattern the gems and stone are supposed to be placed on the
> ground at the end of the second level ?  The gnome king isn't much help.
>
> Also, has anyone found a safe place to read the runes on the amulet ?

The stone itself won't do you any good. You need 3 gems to get past the level.

Here's a hint. The slimes have something to do with it.

As far as the pattern goes: remember that the three circles in the ground are
like combination locks. So place the gems in the little holes in the position
the Goblin King tells you to, from left to right.

Those blasted runes still have me stumped. On to level 8 (sigh...)

<-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><+><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><->
<                        |                                          >
<    J.D. Frazer         | "How can the same shit happen to the     >
< a481@mindlink.UUCP     |  same guy TWICE?!" - Officer John McLain >
<   Vancouver, B.C.      |  in a bad situation; DIE HARD II         >
<      CANADA            |                                          >
<-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><+><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><-><->

visconti@limpet.cis.ohio-state.edu (mark a visconti) (10/18/90)

   I just bought The Immortal and I am stuck already.  Does anyone know
what pattern the gems and stone are supposed to be placed on the
ground at the end of the second level ?  The gnome king isn't much help.

Also, has anyone found a safe place to read the runes on the amulet ?

   Thanks,
   Mark Visconti
------------------------
visconti@cis.ohio-state.edu

a309@mindlink.UUCP (George Lin) (10/22/90)

> hill@evax.arl.utexas.edu writes:
> Org.  : Computer Science Engineering Univ. of Texas at Arlington
> Person: Col. Ames and Pixel
>
>      If there is an Immortal help doc out there I would appreciate EMAIL.
>
>  Whats the use of the spores? How do you light the torches in the large room?
> --
>  adam hill                                   Everybody lies about sex.

        IT'S IN THE MANUAL.

George Lin
a309@mindlink
uunet!van-bc!rsoft!mindlink!George_Lin

hill@evax.arl.utexas.edu (Col. Ames and Pixel) (10/23/90)

     If there is an Immortal help doc out there I would appreciate EMAIL.

 Whats the use of the spores? How do you light the torches in the large room?
--
 adam hill                                   Everybody lies about sex.
 hill@evax.arl.utexas.edu    BOING!4Ever     Rub HER feet!
                                             It's better to copulate than never
 AmigaDos2.0 - A VW with $10,000 in options.         --Robert A. Heinlein

In article <3619@mindlink.UUCP> a309@mindlink.UUCP (George Lin) writes:
>> hill@evax.arl.utexas.edu writes:
>> Org.  : Computer Science Engineering Univ. of Texas at Arlington
>> Person: Col. Ames and Pixel
>>
>>      If there is an Immortal help doc out there I would appreciate EMAIL.
>>  adam hill                                   Everybody lies about sex.
>        IT'S IN THE MANUAL.

>George Lin
>a309@mindlink
>uunet!van-bc!rsoft!mindlink!George_Lin

     BUT thats the last act of a desparate soul...  I didn't read my Populous
manual till I wanted to play against my friend and his IBM... But that is
another horror story...

     Actually I was wanting a list of certificates discovered.

--
 adam hill                                   Everybody lies about sex.
 hill@evax.arl.utexas.edu    BOING!4Ever     Rub HER feet!
                                             It's better to copulate than never
 AmigaDos2.0 - A VW with $10,000 in options.         --Robert A. Heinlein

bhua_cif@troi.cc.rochester.edu (Bobby Huang) (10/25/90)

	Hi, I have had the NEW EA Game, the immortal, for two weeks and and
still stuck of level 4. The level with Ana's ring. I can't seems figure out
the exit puzzle(I know about clockwise, but it doesn't work). Any help is
appreciated.

	Bobby Huang <bhua_cif@cc.rochester.edu>

6600prao@ucsbuxa.ucsb.edu (Parik Rao) (10/26/90)

 place gift ring in center hole of pentagram and
walk around entire pentagram 3 times.

liebm@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Mark Lieb) (11/07/90)

OK, I got the immortal and now I am stuck.  I completed levels one and
two without incident.  I am now stuck on level three.  Someone please,
please, please don't make me beg for a hint, just be forthright and
lay 'em on me.

Immortality would be boring if you got stuck on a level....and it is!

mark

                     /\\         _  __  ___    /\\   \\ \  \    \        \
                    /  \\  |\/||  | |  //___  /  \\   \\ \  \    \        \
                   / /\ \\ |\/|| _| |_ \\_// / /\ \\   \\_\__\____\________\
                   \_liebm@silver.ucs.indiana.edu_//   // /  /    /        /

koc@eris.cs.wayne.edu (Jon Cardwell) (02/09/91)

Anybody know the combination for placing the two gems and
the stone to finish level 2?

--jon
| koc@cs.wayne.edu            Jon Cardwell    W:(313) 998-2439   |
| 72760.1507@Compuserve.com         //        H:(313) 662-6204   |
| cardwell@sun.ab.aa.com         \\//                            |

itch@cbnews.att.com (richard.m.brack) (02/10/91)

In article <1991Feb9.042304.8744@cs.wayne.edu>, koc@eris.cs.wayne.edu (Jon Cardwell) writes:
> Anybody know the combination for placing the two gems and
> the stone to finish level 2?
>
> --jon

SPOILERS -----

This had me stumped for a while also.  You have to transform the stone
into a gem......I'm not going to tell you how though :-)

RichBrack
--
{ the itchman cometh   /-/         _          i don't want to be your angel }
{ itch@cbnews.att.com /-/        _|_|_          i want to be your witch!    }

dthst1@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Damian T Higgins) (02/11/91)

In article <1991Feb9.042304.8744@cs.wayne.edu> koc@cs.wayne.edu.UUCP () writes:
>Anybody know the combination for placing the two gems and
>the stone to finish level 2?

Problem #1: You need THREE gems to activate the sequence (have something
            "slimy" fix the rock for ya).
Problem #2: The combination is easy once you have it but a bitch while
            figuring it out.  Try this....left, right, center.  Try that
            combination from the left to the right (e-mail for more help later).

|     ..where the ancient gods reign     | 1)Lock the target..   |
|      *      ..i wreaketh     *- - -*   | 2)Bait the line..     |
|    /   \                      \   /    | 3)Spread the net..    |
|   *- - -*     H A V O C         *      | 4)Catch the man..     |
|correspondance: dthst1@unix.cis.pitt.edu| >Headhunter.Front 242 |