[comp.sys.amiga.games] English Inaccuracies.

david@castle.ed.ac.uk (D Mallon) (02/11/91)

In article <39.27B2B9D2@halluc.FIDONET.ORG> rlawrence@halluc.FIDONET.ORG (Richard Lawrence) writes:
>-> I believe an apology is in order to all
>-> not English people of BRITISH nationality,
>-> especially to those in the Gulf.
>->
>-> David Mallon.
>
>Take a valium. It is a common colloquialism here in the states to refer
>to citizens of the United Kingdom as English, as opposed to American. I
>don't get peeved when my Brit friends call me a yank...even though I
>should, since as a blood-line MacLaren they should be referring to me as
>a proper Scot.
                   -- piddle

People born in Scotland are officially of BRITISH Nationality, Not English, Not Scottish.

People born in  England are officially of BRITISH Nationality, Not English.

>-Rich

If you wish to be inaccurate,sorry colloquial, then far be it from me to stop you.
However, I do feel you should be made aware of the uneducated image it portrays.

Sorry to have to insult you. I generally like Canadians !

David Mallon.