[comp.sys.amiga.games] Dm level 11 Clockwise Room

fmcphers@mole.ai.mit.edu (frank mcpherson) (02/07/91)

Getting out of the clockwise room is very dependent on what you do at
the corners.  Also, what direction you go down a certain side of the hallway
can determine what you find there.

--
-- Frank McPherson     INTERNET: emcphers@fox.cs.vt.edu --

jgary@ms.uky.edu (James E. Gary) (02/08/91)

fmcphers@mole.ai.mit.edu (frank mcpherson) writes:

>Getting out of the clockwise room is very dependent on what you do at
>the corners.  Also, what direction you go down a certain side of the hallway
>can determine what you find there.

This is about the only place where I found magic footprints to be useful.
I never really did 'figure it out', I just eventually got lucky.

 James Gary, BA,MS,SWM      U. of Kentucky       jgary@ms.uky.edu
"Prosecuters will be violated."

philip@hubcap.clemson.edu (Philip L Harshman) (02/08/91)

jgary@ms.uky.edu (James E. Gary) writes:
>This is about the only place where I found magic footprints to be useful.
>I never really did 'figure it out', I just eventually got lucky.

What you need to know to figure it out is that it is really three different
rooms with the same configuration and teleporters to move you between them.
Using the magic footprints spell and the see through walls spell, you can
usually tell where you are in the sequence.  I found it best to use magic
footprints, then walk *backwards*.  That way, I could see when I got
teleported.  Good luck.

--
Philip Harshman                         uucp: ... !gatech!hubcap!philip
Employed by Clemson University         	inet: philip@hubcap.clemson.edu

jad@dayton.UUCP (J. Deters) (02/09/91)

> Article <jgary.665952665@s.ms.uky.edu> From: jgary@ms.uky.edu (James E. Gary)
>fmcphers@mole.ai.mit.edu (frank mcpherson) writes:
>>Getting out of the clockwise room is very dependent on what you do at
>>the corners.  Also, what direction you go down a certain side of the hallway
>>can determine what you find there.
>This is about the only place where I found magic footprints to be useful.
>I never really did 'figure it out', I just eventually got lucky.

Clockwise room spoiler follows:

Well, I don't know if you can call it "figuring it out", but I manage
to get through it by:

Starting IMMEDIATELY when I enter the room, I walk counter-clockwise.
I also walk facing backwards.  This is somewhat awkward, and you will
run into a couple of wasps or bees or whatever those things are, and
a good number of walls, but you'll be sure to not miss some of the
goodies that are left for you.

The exit from the corridor is in the room where you find the chest.
After you encounter the "chest room" a second time, enter it and you'll
find the corridor leading forth into the rest of the level.

I haven't continued on in the room since "solving" it, so I don't know
if it continues to produce treasures for you or not.

Ob. plea for DM help:

Can someone tell me how to kill the water puddles?  They leap up, and
I try to time my spells when they're up, but they're murderous little
S.O.Bs.

>"Prosecuters will be violated."
-j, one of my all-time favorite movie lines (and it was on a sign!)
--
J. Deters
INTERNET:  jad@dayton.DHDSC.MN.ORG  ATT:   612-375-3116

cs170703644@vger.nsu.edu) ((Werjun), Norfolk State University) (02/10/91)

In article <7684@dayton.UUCP>, jad@dayton.UUCP (J. Deters) writes:
> Ob. plea for DM help:
>
> Can someone tell me how to kill the water puddles?  They leap up, and
> I try to time my spells when they're up, but they're murderous little
> S.O.Bs.
    Water puddles are real vulnerable to the DES EW spell.  I used to try
to time my spells for when they rose up, but I've found that the spells
work at either stage.......It does seem that they are more effective when
the creatures are at maximum height, however....but a steady barrage is
the best defense.  Also, a vorpal blade is fantastic against them.

Jean

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+                           +                                 +
+ werjun@large              +   Why, I've got couth I ain't   +
+ cs170703644@vger.nsu.edu  +         even used yet!          +
+                           +                                 +
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

johnu@syma.sussex.ac.uk (John E Upham) (02/11/91)

From article <7684@dayton.UUCP>, by jad@dayton.UUCP (J. Deters):
>> Article <jgary.665952665@s.ms.uky.edu> From: jgary@ms.uky.edu (James E. Gary)
>
> Can someone tell me how to kill the water puddles?  They leap up, and
> I try to time my spells when they're up, but they're murderous little
> S.O.Bs.

  I think there are three possible methods

  1. Lead them over a grate: they drain away !

  2. Use vorpal blades (disrupt)

  3. Use Des Ew spell to weaken non-material beings

  Thats all I can think of so far.

              John Upham, (Chemical Physics Ph.D)

              University of Sussex, Brighton, UK.

              Email: kapn1%cluster.susx.ac.uk@uk.ac (BITnet)
                     kapn1@uk.ac.susx.cluster       (Janet)
                     johnu%syma.susx.ac.uk@uk.ac    (BITnet)
                     johnu@uk.ac.susx.syma          (Janet)
              Tel:   +44 273 680500 (eve)
              Tel:   +44 273 678332 (day)
              Fax:   +44 273 671966

  "I've counted them all out and I've counted them all back"
   Murray Walker (?) commentating on the restart at F1 WC, Spa, 1990