[comp.sys.amiga.games] Zap and Mental Hangover

MJAKUBOW%DRUNIVAC.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu (While drinking, the glass fell and shattered.) (02/12/91)

   I recently downloaded the mentalhangover.ZAP file from ab20, along with the
zap.lzh file needed to decompress it.  Well, I follow the directions in the
Zap.doc file by typing ZAP W MENTALHANGOVER.ZAP from ram: when both files
are in my ram disk.  I get the message "ABOUT TO WRITE TO DF0:, PRESS RETURN."
When I press "return", however, the pointer flashes with blue colors for a few
seconds, after which the entire screen fills with animated garbage.  The
computer then crashes, without a guru.  I tried this several times, but wound
up having to reboot each time.  I have an A500 with 1 MB.  Has anyone gotten
Zap to work for any files?  How?

Thanks for any help.

Mariusz Jakubowski
mjakubow@drunivac.bitnet

GaryWeir@cup.portal.com (Gary M Weir) (02/12/91)

I believe Zap (as well as some of the other archiving utilities)
requires "Arp.Library" to be in your "Libs:" directory in order to run.

              GaryWeir@cup.portal.com

glmwc@marlin.jcu.edu.au (Matt Crowd) (02/12/91)

In article <39139@cup.portal.com> GaryWeir@cup.portal.com (Gary M Weir) writes:
>I believe Zap (as well as some of the other archiving utilities)
>requires "Arp.Library" to be in your "Libs:" directory in order to run.
>
>              GaryWeir@cup.portal.com

This still doesn't help !

mat crowd.