[comp.sys.amiga.games] Legend of Faerghail

d7tommy@dtek.chalmers.se (Tommy Lindqvist) (11/21/90)

I have been playing the game Legend of Faerghail ( Spelling ? )
for a short time now , but I am stuck , and I ask the net for
help , as none of my friends were able.

I have thus far explored into the first and second level of the dwarven
mines. I have discovered a stairway down on the second level , but have not
explored further.

There are 4 things I would like to have answered , or better , told where
to look for answers.

1. Immiediately upon entering there is a stairway up , which leads to
   a golem who asks a really hard question. I thought it was easy first,
   but after a few tries had to give up. What is the answer ?
   I have tried 'knowledge' , power , money , time , pen , and some
   even more farfetched answers.

2. Down on level 2 , there is at one end a dwarven blacksmith , waiting
   for an answer. Where do I find the clue as to the question ?
   missing that , what is the answer ? I would much rather prefer
   to a hint as to where I shall go and look , than a spoiler , as
   a spoiler is just that.

3. On the same level 2 there is a button labeled '4' , what does it do ?

4. Even more on level 4 , there is a passage that I can't enter .
   When I try there is a flash of light , and I can't enter it.
   Do all the characters in the party have to be lawful to be able to
   enter ? If so , how do I become lawful ? Even my paladin are chaotic.

And now a small spoiler alert for the beginner

Just when you leave the town for the first time , there appears a warrior ,
asking to join you. LET HIM DO THIS. When he is in the party , he will
resurrect any partymemebers that is killed up to 3 times EACH.
Invaluable , as it seems like the monsters always go for the weakest first.

Real name:		  | There is a teory that states:
d7tommy@dtek.chalmers.se  | "If anyone ever finds out what the universe really
			  |  is for , it will disappear and be replaced with
Fantasy world adress:	  |  something even more bizaarly inexplicable."
Tommy Lindqvist		  | There is another that states:
Julaftonsgatan 36	  | "This has already happened..........."
S - 415 14  GOTEBORG	  |
SWEDEN			  | -- "Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy."

angst@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au (Angst) (11/30/90)

Just got this the other day.  Fairly Bards Tale-like but it has a few bugs.
There's this guy Siegurd who asks if he join your party (he's useful to have
along because he can resurrect each PC twice).  Whether you say yes or no he
tries to join your party (if you already have a full party, the game says
"Siegurd can find no place among your companions" or something like that).  If
he manages to join your party, more Siegurds try; in fact, whenever you're on
certain hexes, he tries.  You can end up with five Siegurds in your party.

Also, whenever an NPC asks your party a question, no matter what you reply, the
game responds with the "Siegurd can find no place ..." message!!

The real doozy is that when a PC is resurrected in the temple in Thyn they gain
heaps of XPs, I mean like five times what they had before resurrection.

Really annoying bugs in a game that could be a lot of fun.

Angst

---------------
   A Man: "... no offense intended."
The Tick: "None comprehended!"
---------------

d7tommy@dtek.chalmers.se (Tommy Lindqvist) (12/03/90)

In article <6038@uqcspe.cs.uq.oz.au> angst@batserver.cs.uq.oz.au writes:

>Just got this the other day.  Fairly Bards Tale-like but it has a few bugs.
>There's this guy Siegurd who asks if he join your party (he's useful to have
>along because he can resurrect each PC twice).  Whether you say yes or no he
>tries to join your party (if you already have a full party, the game says
>"Siegurd can find no place among your companions" or something like that).  If
>he manages to join your party, more Siegurds try; in fact, whenever you're on
>certain hexes, he tries.  You can end up with five Siegurds in your party.

There has to be something wrong with your copy. I have started , and restarted
the game several times , without noticing anything buggy about this.

On the other hand , I have found one of these very few games , wich is
programmed using GOOD programming. I.E It is HD installable, it will
use the ramdrive , it WON'T use those annoying questions from the manual,
it won't make your 500 drive sound like a tractor.

The game is rather playable , but I guess some of the riddles would be a bit
tough on the young people playing. The sound effects are rather good, but don't
expect some Rock'nRoll when you are in a dungeon, rather the slow drip of water\
from the ceiling . ( Or is it blood.)
The game system itself is somewhat clumsy , you cannot have a common pool of
money for the gang ( In which RPG can you ? ), The graphics are a bit less
entertaing for those who are accustomed to DM , but a bit better than BT.

I think it is a good game to buy , if for nothing else , buy it to show
that it is not neccessary to copyprotect the games in absurdum , making
them impossible to play on anything else than a clean A500.

PS The manual is the best I have ever seen for an RPG.

bryanh%undrground@amix.commodore.com (Bryan Harpel) (12/04/90)

> PS The manual is the best I have ever seen for an RPG.

   I agree, the manual is great, but it seems incomplete.  I found a
piece of paper (in the tower in the NW of the map i think) and it said
that it resembled map #2 or something.  Well, my manual only has maps
4-xx.  I cant find that map anywhere.  Also, does you version
occasionally say Sh*t when a character gets hit or misses in a dungeon??

                                                     /// AMIGA...For people
   - Bryan                                          ///  with CREATIVE minds,
                                                \\\///   not for the CLONES.
                                                 \XX/
Bryan Harpel
UUCP: {rugters|uunet}!cbmvax!amix!undrground!bryanh
INTERNET: bryanh%undrground@amix.commodore.com
         "You will die by my hand, For it is I who rules the land"

maverjj@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Nix) (01/23/91)

Can anyone answer this riddle?  I need it to get past a stone elemental in      The Legend of Faerghail...

	What is it, that not many like; but directs even the greatest of king's actions?  It's much like a sword and made to hurt, but it never draws blood even though wounding thousands.  It thieves no-one, but it does make rich.  It spans the whole earth and makes life fit.  The greatest kingdoms it has founded, and built the oldest of them all; but never has it begun a war and the peoples who  trust in it will live in plenty for ever more...What is it?

	If you can think of an answer that meets all these checks, please let me know.

                                          John Maver
 	                                   maverjj@mentor.cc.purdue.edu

scottf@cai.uucp (Scott Fleming) (02/14/91)

Has anybody here in netland played the game called Legend of Faerghail?  Its
alot like Bards Tale, with digitized sound and o.k. graphics.  Does anybody
have any spoilers for this?  Also, if you know any of the riddles, please let
me know, I'm stuck on the first one.  Is there a certain order as to where to
go first, do this, then that type of thing?  Thanks for the help...