[comp.sys.amiga.games] Dungeon Master/Magic Items

jmellby@m2.csc.ti.com (John Mellby) (01/16/91)

I resumed my quest for the solution of Dungeon Master this weekend, and
blazed through level 6, 8 (I don't have all the keys for 7 yet)  and
am well into level 9 (the "rats" and wild boars are tough!).

I seem to keep picking up items whose utility is unclear, both
for weapons and other items.  For example, which of the weapons is
best?  I have two vorpul blades, a battle axe, Delta (sword),
Mace of Order, and a few others.  I can't carry all of these for
the characters are too encumbered and move slowly.  Does anyone know
which is best?

What are the magic boxes for, i.e. why should I "Freeze Life", and
why are there two colors of boxes?

What about these other items?
 Necklace  ?
  Jewel Symal (Adds to anti-magic)
  Gem of Ages
  Ekkhard Cross
  Choker
  Pendant Feral

And finally, how does one use the bow/crossbow?  It just tell me
I have to have ammunition.  I have arrows  but how do I get them
to the bow and fire them?

Surviving the American Dream
John R. Mellby                       Texas Instruments
jmellby%skvax1.ti.com                P.O.Box 869305, MS 8513
                                     Plano,  Texas, 75086
(214)517-5370                       (214)575-6774 (work)

Stewart.Mckinnon@p0.f178.n221.z1.fidonet.org (Stewart Mckinnon) (02/07/91)

RE: Dungeon Master questions... Well, first, regarding the "best"
weapon...different weapons will damage different monsters. For example
Vorpal Blades will kill the Elemental Class of monsters such as the
Ghosts, the air, fire and water Elementals, but they're not terribly
effective on much else. The Battle Axe will do MEGA-damage to creatures
like Mummies and Sleletons. Just look at the Hit points that flash
on your weapon when you hit something - that'll give you an idea of
the weapon's effectiveness. The "freeze Life" boxes can be VERY usefull
when fighting monsters that will inflict a lot of damage to you. Freeze
'em in a dorrway, and close the door on 'em! Then pound and bash away,

while they can't do anything. Some of the monsters on the lower levels
are tough! Especially the Deth Knights! As for the jewellry, a couple
of the necklaces will increase Mana, but that's about it.

--
Stewart Mckinnon - via FidoNet node 1:221/171
UUCP    : watmath!xenitec!zswamp!178.0!Stewart.Mckinnon

gordon@osiris.cso.uiuc.edu (John Gordon) (02/14/91)

jmellby@m2.csc.ti.com (John Mellby) writes:

>I seem to keep picking up items whose utility is unclear, both
>for weapons and other items.  For example, which of the weapons is
>best?  I have two vorpul blades, a battle axe, Delta (sword),

	Well, Vorpal Blades are useful in fighting ghostly types.

>What are the magic boxes for, i.e. why should I "Freeze Life", and
>why are there two colors of boxes?

	"Freeze Life" temporarily freezes your opponents.  Useful for
bashing them/evading them.  The green ones last longer.

>  Pendant Feral  :: This adds to something, can't remember what.

>And finally, how does one use the bow/crossbow?  It just tell me
>I have to have ammunition.  I have arrows  but how do I get them
>to the bow and fire them?

	To fire arrows, thay have to be in your ready hand.  You *did*
read the manual, didn't you? (You *did* *buy* this game, right?)