[comp.sys.amiga.games] Sim Earth

diamond@hubcap.clemson.edu (David Lee) (02/12/91)

Has anyone spotted Sim Earth for the Amiga...I haven't seen it in any of the
mags yet...

Thanks,

   David C Lee                      "I hold a cup of wisdom but there
   Clemson University     //         is nothing within..."
   Clemson,SC           \X/ Amiga
                                                  -Kate Bush
   diamond@hubcap.clemson.edu

  "...And what you gonna do, brother, when HULKAMANIA runs wild on
   you!"
         -the Hulkster

bruceg@crash.cts.com (Bruce Geerdes) (02/13/91)

In article <13047@hubcap.clemson.edu> diamond@hubcap.clemson.edu (David Lee) writes:

>Has anyone spotted Sim Earth for the Amiga...I haven't seen it in any of the
>mags yet...

Last I heard it will be released about the same time the IBM version is.  On
another note, supposedly Sim Earth is being ported to the Amiga in Europe.
I don't know whether that's good or bad.  Whoever did Sim City did a pretty
good job, though there are some differences in play between it and the Mac
version.

brian@sky.COM (Brian Pelletier) (02/14/91)

In article <7533@crash.cts.com> bruceg@crash.cts.com (Bruce Geerdes) writes:
>In article <13047@hubcap.clemson.edu> diamond@hubcap.clemson.edu (David Lee) writes:
>>
>>Has anyone spotted Sim Earth for the Amiga...I haven't seen it in any of the
>>mags yet...
>
>Last I heard it will be released about the same time the IBM version is.  On

Well, it should be out now, in that case.  I have the IBM version sitting
here in front of me.  Haven't had much of a chance to get into it yet, but it
looks nice on a VGA system.  Hopefully the Amiga port will be a quality one.

-Brian

Brian Pelletier, Hardware guy | Disclaimer: These are MY opinions, not SKY's.
Sky Computer  Chelmsford, MA  | Amiga!  UUCP: pelletier@grove.uucp (home)
UUCP: brian@sky.com (work)    | Plink: TACK

) (02/14/91)

In article <13047@hubcap.clemson.edu> diamond@hubcap.clemson.edu (David Lee) writes:

>Has anyone spotted Sim Earth for the Amiga...I haven't seen it in any of the
>mags yet...

  The Winter 90-91 MAXIS Newsletter saiz...
     "SimEarth will be available for the Amiga and Atari ST
      computers in early-to-mid 1991."

 --Steve Rasmussen

duncan@convex.csd.uwm.edu (Shan D Duncan) (02/14/91)

From article <7533@crash.cts.com>, by bruceg@crash.cts.com (Bruce Geerdes):
> In article <13047@hubcap.clemson.edu> diamond@hubcap.clemson.edu (David Lee) writes:
>>
>>Has anyone spotted Sim Earth for the Amiga...I haven't seen it in any of the
>>mags yet...
>
> Last I heard it will be released about the same time the IBM version is.  On
> another note, supposedly Sim Earth is being ported to the Amiga in Europe.
> I don't know whether that's good or bad.  Whoever did Sim City did a pretty
> good job, though there are some differences in play between it and the Mac
> version.

Hmmmm.... saw SimEarth for the IBM at Walden Software.  Didn't
see it for the Amiga.  The person there said maybe March.