[comp.sys.amiga.games] More Wings Advice

JCRUEDIG@MTUS5.BITNET (02/13/91)

     Since we are on the subject of Wings advice, there's a specific
question that I'd like to ask.  When you get an enemy on your tail and
the screen switches to the view from behind the enemy, what is the best
way to shake him.  I always get all shot up.  Thanks for any help.
                            - Joshua
                              jcruedig@mtus5.cts.mtu.edu

amiga@uhccux.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu (Boing) (02/14/91)

In article <91043.162441JCRUEDIG@MTUS5.BITNET> JCRUEDIG@MTUS5.BITNET writes:
:
:     Since we are on the subject of Wings advice, there's a specific
:question that I'd like to ask.  When you get an enemy on your tail and
:the screen switches to the view from behind the enemy, what is the best
:way to shake him.  I always get all shot up.  Thanks for any help.
:                            - Joshua
:                              jcruedig@mtus5.cts.mtu.edu

If you have the altitude, I've had some success with climbing sharply until
you stall and then recovering.  Sometimes a barrel roll will work too.

-baron

900512j@aucs.AcadiaU.ca ('PSYCHO' Jorgensen) (02/14/91)

In article <91043.162441JCRUEDIG@MTUS5.BITNET> JCRUEDIG@MTUS5.BITNET writes:

>     Since we are on the subject of Wings advice, there's a specific
>question that I'd like to ask.  When you get an enemy on your tail and
>the screen switches to the view from behind the enemy, what is the best
>way to shake him.  I always get all shot up.  Thanks for any help.
>                            - Joshua
>                              jcruedig@mtus5.cts.mtu.edu

Well, obviously there are 2 things that you can do. You can loop the plane,
or turn left or right. Looping will work, but you will almost always stall
it, and this can be hazardous if you are close to the ground. And, you tend to
get more hits on you than if you pull left or right. So I always pull off to
the side, and pull back on the stick a bit. Seems to work. I have done it
several times without being hit.

--
+   "Amiga. The only REAL       |  Pete "PSYCHO" Jorgensen                    +
+     computer on the market!"  |  aka: 900512j@aucs.AcadiaU.ca               +

hamilton@intersil.uucp (02/15/91)

In article <91043.162441JCRUEDIG@MTUS5.BITNET>, JCRUEDIG@MTUS5.BITNET writes:
>      Since we are on the subject of Wings advice, there's a specific
> question that I'd like to ask.  When you get an enemy on your tail and
> the screen switches to the view from behind the enemy, what is the best
> way to shake him.  I always get all shot up.  Thanks for any help.

If you're high enough, dive down and to the left or right (whichever takes
you further from the line of fire) and do an outside loop.  Otherwise
pull back on the stick and go left or right out of the line of fire.
It almost always works, but I sometimes get a little damage before I'm
free.
--
Fred Hamilton                  Any views, comments, or ideas expressed here
Harris Semiconductor           are entirely my own.  Even good ones.

cpc@czaeap.UUCP (Chris Cebelenski) (02/16/91)

In article <91043.162441JCRUEDIG@MTUS5.BITNET> JCRUEDIG@MTUS5.BITNET writes:
>     Since we are on the subject of Wings advice, there's a specific
>question that I'd like to ask.  When you get an enemy on your tail and
>the screen switches to the view from behind the enemy, what is the best
>way to shake him.  I always get all shot up.  Thanks for any help.
>			     - Joshua
>			       jcruedig@mtus5.cts.mtu.edu
>#! rnews 1005

Best way I've found is to climb till ya stall, then break towards the
nearest screen edge while falling.  Best of luck!

    Chris Cebelenski	    UUCP: portal.com!gdc!aminet!czaeap!cpc
    The Red Mage	    Internet: czaeap!cpc@aminet.gdc.portal.com
			    GEnie: C.CEBELENSKI
				 // "Amiga - The way REAL people compute"
 "Better dead than mellow"     \X/
NOTE: Due to brain dead mailers, this message can *NOT* be REPLIED to, to
reach me you MUST send a NEW message.  Sorry!