[comp.sys.amiga.games] Dungeon and Adventure

hjalmar@cbmswe.UUCP (Peter Hjalmarsson) (02/17/91)

In article <1991Feb18.083959.18989@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> cs326ag@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Loren J. Rittle) writes:
>To all:
>  I have ported two of the finer *old* adventure games to the Amiga.
>These are both over ten years old, but they have stood up to the
>test of time.  These programs are so old, that they were first written
>in Fortran! (Adventure has been ported to C...)

I thought that Adventure was written in RSX-11's scripting language.
Or maybe, that is just another piece of computer lore.

>Adventure - this is the grand daddy of them all!  This is the 550
>point version (I first played the 350 point version over ten years
>ago)!  This game is originally by William Crowther and Don Woods.
>The C version is by David Platt and Ken Wellsch.  Lots of pieces
>have been added over the years by who knows who!  Finally ported
>to the AmigaOS by me. :-)
>It is sometimes refered to as the `Colossal Cave' adventure.
>
>Dungeon - this is by a gang of people from MIT, most called this
>group Infocom!  Dungeon was written while these guys were grad
>students at MIT in the 70's.  This is the massive 585 point
>version (I first played the microcomputer version of Dungeon,
>aka Zork(tm) I - III, seven years ago)!  If you have ever enjoyed
>an Infocom game (esp. Zork I - III), then this game is for you.
>Most of Zork I - III appears in Dungeon, but there are differences...
>
>I placed the games in /incoming/amiga/GAMES, under the names
>Adventure.lzh and Dungeon.lzh.

How about posting Adventure to comps.sys.amiga.binaries? I would love to get
another crack at Adventure, haven't palyed it since I quit the PDP:s 8 years
ago.

>I am appointing comp.sys.amiga.games as the place to exchange hints
>for these games.  Bug reports can be sent to `l-rittle@uiuc.edu'.
>Note, I have not solved them yet, so don't bug me for hints.  If
>anyone comes up with a walk-through, I would love to see it.

Peter Hjalmarsson, Amiga Support, Commodore Sweden
...uunet!cbmvax!cbmehq!cbmswe!hjalmar

cs326ag@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Loren J. Rittle) (02/18/91)

[...]

Happy cave-hacking,
Loren J. Rittle
--
``NewTek stated that the Toaster *would not* be made to directly support the
  Mac, at this point Sculley stormed out of the booth...'' -A scene at the